DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Soooo I have the best girlfriend in the world and she just ordered me the NGK Iridiums and the Taylor 8.2mm Shortys for an early xmas present for my HEMI. Wooooohoooooo. Anyway, Does anyone know what the gap is for the plugs? Thank you. Gabe.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mine says that the gap should be .045

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
hate to rain on your parade.. ( think your girlfreind can talk to mine!!! ;-) ) but irridiums are not recommended for the Hemi ( although some people use them without problems ) and some have posted Trouble codes relating to Coil packs ( perhaps others ) but nothing being wrong with the coil packs. Shorty wires can have problems as well.... but only if you are going to mod the engine to high output or N2O or boosted...
The PCM looks for resistance values ( or so I am told ) in the ignition system and throws a code if it is outside expected values..... perhaps irridiums are outside the range or close to it....

TJ

·
HC-Racing,LLC
1,841 Posts
Copper plugs are best..
I have had to actually "tune around" iridium plugs in the past..
They have a hotter spark, but it is much smaller..
And in a Nitrous or boosted app, bigger is better for spark...
I would go with NGK V power, stock heat range if your not gonna spray it.
Thats just me though.
L.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No nitrous for my big ass QC. I think it should be alright, if not then I will switch to the V-powers. Might as well get the more expensive ones if it is a present right? Hahaha. Thanks for the info. though guys.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
NGK says not to gap the Iridiums. They come pregapped from the factory with those cardboard tubes over the threads to protect the electrodes. They say too many people were knocking the Iridium "condom" off the end of the center electrode.

BTW, I'm running a set of NGK Iridiums in my 4.7. It's the biggest improvement in plugs I've ever seen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.