DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as christmas nears i'm trying to decide what i should ask for. so far things i have thought of are 4.56's, torque converter, 206 cams, or true duals. since they are all relatively the same price, the one exception being the cam, what would give me the best performance gains? my friend got a huge gain in performance in his truck going from stock exhaust to true duals. i'm wondering if a true dual set up would give me considerably more power than my si/so setup i have now.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I would take the true duals just because thats what I want for christmas...haha....How much do the 4.56 gears run getting installed and everything do you know??

·
Registered
129 Posts
Gears would probably be for me if it were my choice. Gears are next on my list.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
How much are they gonna run installed and everything??

·
Registered
356 Posts
highdollar said:
Nitrous...?
L.

intake manifold...

im not saying you couldnt just that I wouldn't because of the horror stories, but there are guys running small shots effectively

·
Registered
336 Posts
garrett03dodge- I paid $950.00 for gears and installation on my 2wd. My mechanic did a great job and no problems at all. I heard that gears can be complex and complicated to install, so it is very important to find someone who is skilled and knowledgeable in this area. If you go with gears, good luck and you will definitely enjoy the performance difference.

·
Registered
129 Posts
900 and how much!?!?!? All of a sudden I LOVE my 3.92s

·
Registered
527 Posts
If you paid $950 for gears you got screwed. Should be less than $500 or there about.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I know the installation was very expensive, but here in Bakersfield, CA that price was one of the most affordable regarding installation. I called basically all the specialty shops that installed gears and the average quote ranged from $1050 to $1200, which included gears and labor. One shop quoted $750 but didn't trust them regarding the quality of the install. My only option was the $950 price. That included gears-$200, master install kit-$95, syn. oil-$35, labor $610. Mechanic did an outstanding job and no problems at all. I guess that's the price for living in CA.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What brand gears??

·
Registered
336 Posts
NewRam4Me- Precision gears.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks bcdalton. I'll have to do some research between those and the Motive gears.

·
Registered
336 Posts
NewRam4Me- Your welcome. I hope you're able to find the right gears. You'll love the 4:56. No problems at all with mine. I heard what makes the gears perform efficiently and effectively without future headaches is finding someone who is skilled with installing the gears properly because it is a complex job. It took me several weeks to find the right mechanic to do the job. Hope this helps. Let me know which gears you decide to purchase. Thanks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have 4.56 gears and 206 cams both are outstanding mods and compliment each other. I just wish I could get a programmer to get rid of that stupid torque mgmt. Gears will make a huge improvement down low. Cams will give you a little power down low, but open up the top end considerably. I have 33" tires and the heavy ass stock 17's and I can light them up pretty good. I can hang with most trucks out there.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
NewRam4Me said:
Gears would probably be for me if it were my choice. Gears are next on my list.
Because of all the rave reviews here and other sites I was considering them

BUT I have a hemi

With Super Chips--Aeroturbine muffler--Pacesetter Mid Headers

With my aftermarket 20s and 275/55r20 tires

From a dead stop and NO POWER BRAKING if I stomp on it I squeel and fish tail all over

Even with a controlled stomp I squeel them and chirp 1-2 shift

What would 4:56s do to improve that

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.