DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Unregistered User
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the size of the new Navigation units found in the 300C, Magnum, Grand Cherokee, etc....

Is it just a double-din (4 inches)? Or is it larger?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
If you are talking about the REC unit, I think it is bigger than a double-din ... the screen is 5.8-inches alone. You might email this Ebay seller (mr.cd1) and see what he has to say.

·
Unregistered User
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not discounting the possibility that it's larger than a double din. I don't know, which is why I'm asking the question. However, screen sizes are measured diagonally. That means that a standard double-din radio (7"x4") could fit an 8.06" screen (minus the trim).

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
lassenloop said:
However, screen sizes are measured diagonally.
I understand that, but if you are talking about the REC unit the trim is huge around the screen. Also I stated "I think" because I don't know for sure, but I do think it is bigger than a double-din ... again if we are talking about the REC. The ebay seller I referenced was very helpful when I purchased my RB1 ... I would ask him unless someone chimes in here ...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nav units

Well if any of you are looking for a kickass navigation unit, you need to check out my system that was posted a few months ago. I have a 7 inch touchscreen display with voice guidance gps. The system is dead accurate here in the united states. Just do a search on my user name and you will see a post regarding my computer system that I put in my truck. If anyone has anyquestions feel free to email me. I plan on haveing a website up soon and you can purchase componets for your own vehicle.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Nah, I'm happy with my RB1!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.