DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Spending
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here it is,

First off i am getting 2 12" CVR's (kicker) and a kicker 500.1 amp to push them. That being said i had a 800watt amp before this and it dimmed my lights. In addition to that system i am putting 4 neon lights underneath the truck, HID's in the headlights and possibly changing the interior lights the some other color.

Question: Will i need a different battery, i was thinking a Stinger brand, i heard those are the way to go with a lot of electrical work. Thoughts, opinions?

· Spending
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it is, less than a year old.

· I am your Father
3,918 Posts
Well,
There's no real way to predict if you're going to have problems with the lights dimming, but here are some thoughts:
  • HID's require less current, therefore less demand on the electrical system.
  • HID's will never dim anyway, because of the nature of their design being a high-voltage, low-current transformer power supply.
  • Your incandescent bulbs may dim, if your current demands go beyond the design of the power supply.
  • A better battery may not cure the dimming, if the demand exceeds the supply.
  • Adding a battery close to the amp (Within a couple feet of wire length) will help solve a dimming light problem.

What size power cable are we talking about? Still 4 gauge?

· Spending
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes sir 4 gauge.

· Spending
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright sounds good, thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.