DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something I did today after work. It can easily be removed if I change my mind. Thoughts. I will get a better pic tomorrow. It was already dark when I put them on.

Attachments

· Registered
171 Posts
What did you do? :(, I cant tell. I am sorry.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I guess I can't help you out then. If you click on the pic it gives you quite a large version to look at. I see it plain as day, even at night. You know how normally the bottom three inserts below the grill are black, well they have mesh there now.

*edit*

Here is a daylight pic.

Attachments

· Buy American
525 Posts
:gr_patrio
Looks real good to me, in both pictures. You did a good job!:cheerl:
:drivingz:

· Buy American
525 Posts
:gr_patrio
Elaborate, what did you use and how did you do it?
:drivingz:

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There was a seller on e-bay selling all different styles of mesh in long sections of it. I just cut it with scissors to the proper size, and hot glued it with some good glue along each side and in a few other spots. It is holding real well, and you can hardly see the glue since it is clear. It comes off easy enough with a tug if I change my mind. If you are interested I can post sellers link.

· Registered
171 Posts
Very nice.. I see it in the first picture (after I saw the second and what you said) :)..

· Registered
214 Posts
Wow,

When you look at the first pic in this post of your Avenger (with the mesh just in the lower portion of the bumper) compared to the most recent picture here... Makes a big dfference. Looks great! Good job! Can you PM me the info of where you got the mesh stuff? I"m interested in doing something to my grille also.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I almost bought that, but decided to go the cheaper route. I can always change my mind I guess. I like the mesh for now. Below is the store I bought the mesh from. Look at the different styles. I bought 9' of it and it was just the right amount. The stuff cuts easily with scissors. The upper portions are trickier with the curves and all, but it is not too bad. I bought some real good glue for the hot glue gun and tacked it on to start. Then added a line along each side, and added more small tacks as needed. Just try not to use too much, and watch for the strings of glue when you pull the gun away. The strings d come off very easy though, so don't worry if you get some on your car. You can get some better quality stuff, obviously, I just got this cheaper stuff to see if I would even like it, and turns out it looks pretty good and seems like it should last pretty good.

http://stores.ebay.com/GRILLE-KING-HORSEPOWER

· Registered
106 Posts
So you just tacked it on over the current plastic "grille"? I'm kinda curious about the longevity of this homemade project. Especially washing your car I would think it could tear away very easily. Great job though. Looks as though the cold has started up in your area as well. Poor Avengers :(

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, it is over the existing grille. I hand wash my car, so I am not worried about that scenario, and this stuff is very securely on there anyways. It is not just tacked, but each side has a complete bead of glue behind the mesh attaching it. I am still going to keep an eye on it to check on how it is holding up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.