DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys not really 2 new here on this board but deff in this topic.

some backround on me,

im in the National guard. Sgt just got back from iraq. I have a 2 yr old son and know a few ppl on here. UM i now own another 2g ram 96 1500 4x4 short bed standard cab. Its my four wheelen toy. Not much done to it. SS hood, cat back and K&N CAI. i also own a stratus 2gss as well.

One of the biggest ? i have is the comp. Can i just use Jet chips or do i have to use a reprogramer b/c its a "smart" comp. And what els is avalible for reprogramers. Thank for all the help guys and you will be seing more of me here.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Jet chips are junk. Programmers like Hypertech and Superchips have helped some people. There is a huge thread in the 2nd Gen Performance Forum about Superchips vs. Hypertech with a lot of testimonial. The best gains can be found from flashing your PCM, but it all depends on what you want to do with it and what kind of mods you plan on running in the future. If you're close to stock and going to stay that way, then you could get away with a handheld programmer which will also enable you to adjust for tire size once you upgrade and other neat functions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.