Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I made a post in the new member introduction forum just a few
minutes ago. I am considering purchasing a new Ram and I have either
read or heard a few things that makes one raise an eyebrow.
Maybe someone can shed some light on these things:

Production slowed due to inavailability of leather for the seating.

Dodge considering dropping the center console floor shift option.

Recalls already?

And why is it that I can't get the rear window defroster option with
the Rambox option? If I get the Rambox, I have to get the sliding
rear window. I don't need that. :dunno:

I'm happy to become a part of this community and hope to make
a few friends along the way!

Dave

·
Milo
1,426 Posts
Dave I have not heard anything about recalls on the 09 1500 as of yet. Where did you here about the leather and center console issues ? You can get a 09 without the center console.
The big 3 all shut production down for longer then normal this year because of the slump in sales.

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
1st, I'd like to say welcome to DT.

Now with your concerns.

Why would production rates, do to leather availability worry you? I mean, they're still making them. If you buy off the lot, it won't matter at all. If you're special ordering a truck, it may take a couple weeks longer at worst. I think you're ok there.

If they're considering dropping the center console floor shift option, it won't be an issue for you, unless you plan on waiting months before buying/ordering one. Just order it while they're still considering, and before they decide to drop the option.

Recalls? They've only got one recall on the '09. The recall is on the 2500/3500, and is also listed for the '08. The recall is out "already" because it's the same parts they're using on the '08. This is on trucks with the Powers and Sons steering linkage. Just be glad it's not a Ford. They'd let your Firestone tires blow out, and kill you before they issue a recall. I'd rather have it "already", instead of after a bunch of people die.

The slider is grouped with the Rambox, because that's what they feel most people want. They make "packages" and produce trucks with those packages. It's a lot cheaper to bang out a bunch of trucks with the same "package" instead of having it like Burger King, where it's made your way. It's the same reason they group auto transmission with the 5.7L in the 1500.

Hope that eases you concerns, and you join the Dodge family soon. If not.... oh well. Just be sure you'll be happy with whatever you decide to buy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I shouldn't be concerned about the leather. It didn't make
sense to me when I initially read something about it. But the
floor shift, now that is something that I would want.
I understand about the packages, I guess I was just venting about
the sliding rear window/Rambox option package. I know and feel
confident that when I do buy it, I will be happy with it. It's just
a matter of finding one in a color I like with most of the options
I want just like anyone picking one off the lot. If I order one, I
couldn't stand the wait! LOL!

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
We all talk about Dodges here, and we have never heard anything about them droping the floor shift. Somebody here would have heard about that by now if it were true.

Hope to see you in the family soon.

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Good point wyat72. We're pretty well informed around here. If they really are talking about dropping the floor shift, I'm sure someone will chime in with specific details. As for me. I haven't heard/read anything about that yet.

......I know and feel
confident that when I do buy it, I will be happy with it. It's just
a matter of finding one in a color I like with most of the options
I want just like anyone picking one off the lot. If I order one, I
couldn't stand the wait! LOL!
I'm confident you'll like the Ram too. They're great trucks. :)

Good luck on the search for the right color, and options. I completely understand about that. My '05 is the only truck I've bought that had every option that I wanted (at the time anyway ;)). I didn't special order it, but if I had it would have been exactly as it was when I found it on the lot. I built it on Dodge.com, and did a dealer inventory search. I found an exact match about 45 minutes from my house. Even though I had a dealership 1.5 miles away, I drove out of my way to get what I wanted.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I never used the sliding window either until one day when i needed to pick up up a 16 foot board for my deck, I opened that window and slid the board right up to the dash. I think its handy to have with these short beds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.