DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:gr_patrio Im pretty new to this. I haven't even picked my truck up yet, but have ordered it. 2006 2500 CTD Mega CAB 4X4 6-speed. Anyway, im looking to get an Edge EZ among other upgrades for it but i'm wondering if that will void my factory warranty. Even if i were to take it out before taking it in...would the dealer be able to tell i had one. Also, any recommendations on an exhaust and air intake. I'm looking really for better gas mileage over power. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I don’t think the dealer can void your warranty just for having a turner. They’d have to prove it did damage to (insert part here) before they did.

As for an intake, go with K&N. And a Bank Power exhaust. Swap all your fluids out to AMSOil and you will have one happy truck.

You can still order 2006s? :huh:

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Programmer....for mileage an edge EZ is just right. Good power and good mileage.

Dont touch a K&N intake. They have been known to be so weak that the filter parts can be pulled off and sucked into the turbo. Never would let one near my intake. Ill be getting AFE, but most intakes are about equal.

For exhaust, try a muffler delete pipe. cheap and sounds sick. I cut off the muffler and the cat for a full straight pipe and i LOVE it. will wake the dead and set off car alarms

·
Registered
595 Posts
Don’t go bashing K&N. I’ve ran them for years in forced induction vehicles, and never had any problems with them. You always hear about the horror stories of them coming apart, but when have you seen it first hand? Next time you have a chat with bigfoot, get his signature while you’re at it too…

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can still order 2006s?

I'm in the military and getting it through military car sales. It was ordered by someone else and they decided not to get it. Getting 11,000 off MSRP because of it. :thatfunny
Thanks for the advice.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
All the intakes out there are pretty equal in performance. Some, however, cost much more than others. Lots of exhausts out there and some of them sound kind of strange. The best I've heard is straight pipe but it is loud. I'm gonna try just removing my muffler but leaving the Cat on. We'll see how I like that and go from there. I don't know much about the EZ for the 06s but the EZ in my old 03 caused me to lose mileage no matter how I drove. Mileage seems to be a crapshoot with these boxes.....

·
Ram Tough
154 Posts
You'd best get to know the Service Mgr. at the dealer you are going to use before you go using any programmer or downloader. Some play by the book and will basic void any powertrain warranty and others will look away if it isn't present when brought in.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
DodgeThis_AZ said:
I don’t think the dealer can void your warranty just for having a turner. They’d have to prove it did damage to (insert part here) before they did.
I wouldn't be so quick to say that they can't void your warranty. If something major happens (melted pistons or valves, injector failure, etc) you better believe they will be voiding your warranty, then it would be up to you to take them to court. The warranty info from DC says that it is voided with non-stock parts. You know they would have some expert say that a performance box caused the failure.
Buyer beware. You play, you pay. (Still worth it though! :D )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.