DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there. first time to the forum. browsing the articles it looks like there is a lot to learn here!
i have a 99 durango 4x4 and it has developed a somewhat random clunking sound in the front suspension somewhere. it happens in 2wd and sounds like someone is hitting the floor pan with a broom stick. it happens at almost all speeds and sometimes happens on perfectly flat pavement going straight. i had a similar sound 2 years ago and i had the upper ball joints replaced then. for a while the sound went away but it is now back and the upper ball joints look fine and have no strange movement. the shop says the lower ball joints are a little loose but nothing major and want about $500 for the parts and labor for the replacement and alignment. any ideas on anything else to check before i drop that kind of cash?
thanks in advance!

·
Registered
516 Posts
i hear this everynow and then as well, i first noticed it 2 years ago when i first did my t/s lift, i never could track it down but doesnt seem to be too serious

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, just heard from the shop and now they are saying the lca bushings are gone too and the whole assembly needs to be replaced. :IDEA:if this is what i can expect from oem parts i need an upgrade! any suggestions on LCA replacements that are better than the stock for bushings and ball joints?:help:

·
It doesn't need a Hemi
462 Posts
I replaced mine with urethane bushings by Energy Suspension. You usually can not go wrong with Moog ball joints and tie rod ends.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.