DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 1500 Reg Cab Short Bed with 5.9L thats all stock right now. I'm wanting to run a set of 33's. I was wondering if someone could tell me what axles I might have and what lift/gear setup works good with 33's. This truck is my daily driver and sees quite a few highway miles. I have stock 16 inch wheels now and would like to run a set of 15's if this is possible. From the looks of things I have enough clearance around the calipers and drums to downsize to a 15. Thanks for the help.

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
yea u should be able to put 15s on the truck just make sure they're the right offset, 33" tires would def. fit at the stock height and would prolly raise the truck a bit, 3.73 or 3.92 gears would prolly work well, your rear axle is prolly a 9.25 corporate rear end and possible a dana 44 in the front, not sure tho, and you might look into some engine mods to get those big tires rolling easier

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
You have a 9.25 rear and a dana 44 front. Standard ratio was 3:55 for a 4wd.
33's, ID run at least a 4:10 gear ratio. If you plan on going to a taller tire, or your looking for more performance going with 4:56 gears

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was running 15`s on my 95 with 4.5 backspacing on a 15 x 10 AR wheel with no problems, but i also have a 4 in lift for 35`s, still at stock gears, but not for long, I`m looking into 4.56`s.
But as far as going to a 15 in wheel you need to have some idea what backspacing you want with the type or brand of wheel

·
Registered
199 Posts
I run 33+ w/ 3.55s and 318 w/ auto. Not the best for sure. A taller gear should be installed for pullin' and better gas mileage. I know MPG is a dirty word here.
Anybody got some extra moo-la layin around? If so please donate to M.E.P.A. ( My Empty Pocket Association) :help:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any suggestions on where to get prices for gears online? Seems like every place I look either doesnt have the ratio I want or doesnt list prices. 4.56 is probably my best bet because I will probably run tires larger than a 33 one day. I would like to run 35s but its hard to justify running 35s on my dd while my trail truck is sitting in the yard on 33s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.