Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello members,

I've been looking around for some time trying to find information on engine swaps. I have a 1996 Ram 1500 Sport single cab shortbox 4x4. I want to trade my 318 for a V10. What is involved in doing this? Will I need to change the tranny, transfer-case and differentials? I am clueless about this, please help... :help:

TIA.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
If its an auto you will have to swap trannies. Bellhousing is different. Id get everything from a donor truck including t case and axles.
Shouldnt be a pretty straight forward swap.
Also the V10 wont be smog legal in a 1500 either, but you may not have emission testing, so it may not be an issue

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks V10sport. My budget would not allow me to buy a wrecked truck or at least an entire drivetrain. I've seen V10's on eBay go for around $750 a few times and this is more near my budget. I was just wondering what I will need to do the job properly. I was just planning on buying piece by piece over a few years to spread out the spending. I will be putting on a 3" lift in the next few weeks with some 17" Weld's (+BFG 315's) that I collected over the last two years. By the time I'm finished with this truck, it'll be a classic! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.