DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody ,my name is john ,i bought a 2004, dodge ram 2500 ,with a 5.7 hemi last march,i love it ,except my throttle control light(little red lightning bolt) keeps coming on and flashing it has done this many times and 3 times now it has stalled out,when it flashes if i pull off the side of the road and shut off the key off,then when i turn it back on the throttle control light is off,but the mil light is still on,i have had it at the dealers twice so far,the 1st time i went in they said it was my aftermarket cold air intake(btw it was on the truck when i bought it from a dodge dealer and they certified it that way).i went home and asked around many places and at the cold air intake company and everyone said that shouldnt cause it.so 2 days later it stalls again,and i take it back to the dealer,they say quote"retrieved and checked codes,p2106 and p2175,air restriction may be due to cold air intake or CAN....also map sensor failure,replaced map sensor ,test drove and rechecked."well it did it again this morning (flashing elect.throttle control light)can any one help me,and btw,whats a CAN?the lady at the service desk said the mechanic probably meant k&n,or did he really mean can bus?and what is it?thanks for any help john gibson

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
The only thing I can think of off hand is that you are getting an accumulation of ice around the throttle body blade due to weather conditions and the CAI. Icing can cause the throttle blade to delay momentarily & set a fault. If the icing is bad enough at idle the controller can sense that the air way (just a small slit between the blade and the throttle body) is partially blocked based on engine speed, throttle angle and MAP. My thought is to loosen up the clamp on the CAI to the throttle body. Next time the truck has the issue pull over to a safe spot, shut off the engine and pull off the intake tube. Look at the bore of the throttle body for ice & be sure to open up the throttle blade by hand in order to look in behind. If you see ice accumulation then you know your CAI works...too good. Next find a stock air box to run in winter & hopefully problem solved.

BTW CAN is Controller Area Network...just another way all the controllers interact with one another.

Another thought is if it is a true K&N type filter (clean/spray with oil) possibly the filter is truly restricting the air flow with to much oil that is now very thick due to the cold ambient temps we have up here this time of year.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you

thank you hemi,i appreciate your responce ,thank you again ,john gibson,btw i have cleaned it twice with a kit.im hoping its something under warranty because i cant afford another intake or anymore dealership bills,lol

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,323 Posts
Welcome, Also check to make sure the TB Linkage is hooked up correctly/ not binding, Maybe who ever installed the CAI, bumped the linkage.

·
locogk
5,856 Posts
welcome to dt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.