DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have a 03 1500 QC 4WD (black). Currently I have 22" Black Rhino rims with 305/40R22 tires on the truck. They look good, but potholes are ruining them (I live in Jamaica and the roads are really bad). I'm thinking of changing out to the XD Rockstar rims (black) in either 18" or 20" with perhaps 285/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers (or the 305/55R20). Is anybody running this combination and can post some pictures. Anybody have any suggestions, or experienced any problems with this setup? I've been told that a 33" combination will fit a 4wd without needing any type of lift, is this true? All comments/help is much appreciated!

· Registered Confuser
6,355 Posts
ramdat said:
Hello Everyone,

I have a 03 1500 QC 4WD (black). Currently I have 22" Black Rhino rims with 305/40R22 tires on the truck. They look good, but potholes are ruining them (I live in Jamaica and the roads are really bad). I'm thinking of changing out to the XD Rockstar rims (black) in either 18" or 20" with perhaps 285/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers (or the 305/55R20). Is anybody running this combination and can post some pictures. Anybody have any suggestions, or experienced any problems with this setup? I've been told that a 33" combination will fit a 4wd without needing any type of lift, is this true? All comments/help is much appreciated!
yes its true, as long as you dont get freakishly wide tires that will rub. I have some 35's with no lift on for a couple weeks with very little rub

and welcome to DT :rck:

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
since yours is a 03 if you wanted to go bigger than a 33" tire you could also crank the torsion bars some to lift the front (or get new torsion keys - better way to go)

33" is the stock size for rams with the 20's so that's why everybody always says if you stick with that size it will fit. And like Nathan said if yo don't get really wide tires you shouldn't have rubbing problems. Also to help with that....look for a wheel that has a backspacing of 4.5", 4.75", 5"

as a reference the stock 20's are a 20x9 rim with +19.4mm offset. Which give it roughly a 5.25" backspacing. Stock tires are 275/60/20.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.