·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 98 2wd truck 1500

I was looking at this kit

Skyjacker site = D201K
Jegs site = 825-D201K
it's goin for 200 bucks well anyways would this fit my 2wd casue the jegs website is sayin 4wd and soo is the skyjacker site

and on top of that can I put blocks on the back with those add-a-leafs?

and what can I do to lift the front a little bit also like 2 inchs

thanks guys

Attachments

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
Easiest way to get a little height in front is with coil spring spacers- cheap and easy to install. They typically come in a 2" spacer, but you can also get a 3" spacer too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for the front and use blocks in the rear = cheapest lift?

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
Like I did- Firestone Airbags. Mine give me anywhere from a 1 inch lift at 5psi up to a 4 inch lift at 100psi. You can also use blocks in the rear too. I actually bought a set of rear blocks and U-bolts for my truck (I think 3 inch) off this website, but installed the airbags instead. The blocks are still in the mail, if you want them, I can resell them to you!

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
iIf that is a4wd kit, it will not work on your 2wd. $wd coils are muck taller than 2wd coils

As for the hockey puck question. Some people usedto use tehm as a body lift. Not a good idea since they are not designed to handle the wieght and leverage applied to them.

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
Ahhhh yes- my bad! Did not notice it was a 2wd.

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
I'm putting that exact kit on my '99 4x4 in about 2 weeks. It's sitting in my garage as we speak. It'll give me 2" in the front, and about 1" -1.5" in the rear. Just enough so I can run a 285/70/17, and still fit in my garage.

I'll post some pics when I get done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
pressurevac, you only have the rear blocks?

and silver, what does your truck sound like with the 50 series on it? i need to get my exhuast done, just don't know what i want to do yet. i was thinking of goin with some flows, but i was thinking the 40 series.

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
Yup- the blocks and the Ubolts to go with them too. (if they ever get here from Vash)!!

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
mrsweet69 said:
.....and silver, what does your truck sound like with the 50 series on it? i need to get my exhuast done, just don't know what i want to do yet. i was thinking of goin with some flows, but i was thinking the 40 series.
The 40 is louder, and more harsh. The 50 that I have is just deep. Even when you step on it, it is not as aggresive sounding as the 40 or a Magnaflow, just nice deep sound. I really like it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
you cannot use that kit on a 2 wheel drive because they have an entirely different suspension in the front. you can use the blocks in the back but you will need to find coil spacers/coils that fit a 2 wheel drive truck. these are very easy to find on ebay and probably the cheapest there as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ive got a 98 1500 2wd with the Fabtech 6.5in. and 35in. BFG Muds. I love it. I also have a delta 40 series. Fabtech is the way to go for 2wds. Check out fabtechmotorsports.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.