Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked my truck up for 16k financed new with the hemi in it........ :D
my dad sales them so i got a deal, its pretty non optioned... had those shitty 17 inch rims ect.. ive begun doing some appearnce mods, i painted the center caps black and that has fixed the wheel problem have actually recieved compliments on those steel fugly rims lol... got the airbox lid painted too

what is the cheapest way to improve handling on the truck.. just want to upgrade something, and i want to feel a difference without a RUFF ass ride....

me and the girl got this in place of the car to drive everyday.. i was tired of driving my modded z28 everywhere with skinnies and such.. so im not wanting to take the truck down that road lol... if anything i want it more drivable and solid feeling, and looking good at the same time.

links to sites that sell stuff woudl be appreciated, i only have camaro sites.

·
Praise the Lowered
277 Posts
Quad cab or regular? First things first, the stock shocks are junk. I would look into getting a 4 quality shocks for your truck first. If that is not enough, a rear swaybar would help the cornering. After that possibly leveling out the rear a bit or going with a 2/4 drop to lower the center of gravity. Congrats on the new truck. Stick around, lots of helpful people on this site.
"C"

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay so i can do shocks first adn then the 2/4 drop later??? im not really new to the board, do a lil reading from time to time, just new to mods and havn't posted in a long time.

i was reading that u wanted certain kinds of shocks for a dropped truck, i was thinking i didn't want to have to buy something twice ya know

what are some of the cheaper shocks out for my truck... its a short cab/shortbed by the way. 2wd

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh and this wont adversely affect 1/8th mile dragstrip times will it, by adding some decent shocks? im looking to do tht and maybe a 4.10.. i would lower it now, but am afraid i will lose et in the 1/8th.. since this is really the girls first new car, anything close to fast, and im always trying to get her to let me race the z28, it would be good to get her racing this truck.

·
Praise the Lowered
277 Posts
Well there are cetainly lots of different options. McGaughy's offers shock mount extenders that allow you to retain the use of stock shocks with a 2/4 kit. On my personal truck I have a McGaughy's 4/6 drop with the shock mount extenders. I am running Bilstien shock for a "stock" application with no troubles what-so-ever.
"C"

·
Praise the Lowered
277 Posts
02z28_04hemiram said:
oh and this wont adversely affect 1/8th mile dragstrip times will it, by adding some decent shocks? im looking to do tht and maybe a 4.10.. i would lower it now, but am afraid i will lose et in the 1/8th.. since this is really the girls first new car, anything close to fast, and im always trying to get her to let me race the z28, it would be good to get her racing this truck.
I would think that the only adverse reaction with new (better) shocks would be the ability for the rear to "squat" when "hooking up". I'm not a racer so I can't really help other than that.
"C"

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone got a link to a good site that sells a few different shocks?

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
02z28_04hemiram said:
Look in my signature. I'm running 13's N/A with a 2/4 drop. If anything, it helped my et's due to better weight transfer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Praise the Lowered
277 Posts
02z28_04hemiram said:
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm/partfamilyid/460/CategoryID/30/SubCategoryID/237

is this what i need... there are two kinds of these shocks on the site, and some expensive ass elderbrocks... will these kind of shocks right here improve handling now, and also work say if i had this slammed1 guy give me the rest of the stuff to drop it 2/4? how do these shocks last compared to the stockers as well?
Yes they will improve handling. Yes slammed1 can get you everything you need. The stockers well.............just plain suck. Mine were only about a year old when I did my drop and they just didn't have anything left in them. They were incredibly easy to move by hand in comparison with the Bilsteins. The difference was night and day for my truck. I have heard mixed reveiws for regular cabs though. Some say "too stiff" and some say "just right". I guess it depends on what your looking for. Sports car or Caddy?
"C"
Forgot to mention, Slammed1 deals all things Belltech as well. Including the shocks you linked.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i noticed belltech is a good deal cheaper for one thing... perhaps ill just pm slammed1 or whatever.... that way he can get me the shocks i need now for step 1, that will also work with the 2/4 drop i intend to do later on.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
cphelan1 said:
Yes they will improve handling. Yes slammed1 can get you everything you need. The stockers well.............just plain suck. Mine were only about a year old when I did my drop and they just didn't have anything left in them. They were incredibly easy to move by hand in comparison with the Bilsteins. The difference was night and day for my truck. I have heard mixed reveiws for regular cabs though. Some say "too stiff" and some say "just right". I guess it depends on what your looking for. Sports car or Caddy?
"C"
Forgot to mention, Slammed1 deals all things Belltech as well. Including the shocks you linked.
Put Monroe Reflexes on our 2002 at 21000

Garage mech showed us the originals
Still had plenty left
He really had to push on them to get them to shorten

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.