DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok i will, be honest. I don't really work with cars..but i can do some basic stuff...you will notice that by how i word my question.... :) The other day i noticed some hoses hanging down from my truck.. near the back passanger tire. I found were they hook into..but i have no idea what it is..or what they are for... and i was hoping i could get a little Direction.

I have a 2001 Dodge Dakota sport standard cab v6,

Attachments

·
"Joe the Bummer"
325 Posts
That would be hoses to the fuel canister (evap. emissions). I would use some zip-ties to hold it back, but looking at the pics you may need some new hoses.

While you're at it, check the hoses to the same line under the hood on the right-side to the left of the battery and the connections to some other thingy behind the fender next to the battery to see if they're split. If they are they can cause the 'check engine' light to go on. If they are split go and get some new hoses of the same size, but must have a cross-threaded fiber lining sandwich inbetween; They are much durable than those wimpy rubber hoses that dodge uses.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That looks like your EVAP canister and hoses. If I'm correct, it has to do mostly with emissions, though the engine may run out of tune with those hoses disco'd.

·
Registered
590 Posts
evap canister... basically a way to recycle the gas fumes that went from the tank. mines been disconnected since 99 when the solid plactic tube melted on one of my header tubes.

the solenoid thingy nest to your brake booster is where those hoses go to and the solid tube *should* have a cap in it (mine did... Federal truck). it is next to the dist. ya can remove that and put the cap/filter on that and it will still work.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's the flux-compositor!

·
Registered
590 Posts
:thatfunny :crazy:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I look for opportunities to use that line and they seem so far a few between I thought I had to slide it in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.