DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just got back from the dealer with my new truck.:):):):):):) 2001 24v quadlong slt many features.K&N air intake kit. only 33's But hoping to get 3500 4K for my old dodge so I can put like a 6-7" with 36" to 38" tires. OHHHHHHYEEEEAAAAHHH. Alot of kids have nice trucks. and some nicer but I just turned 18 the 26th of jan 05 and other than using my dads credit am gettin it myself :cool: Ill post pics soon

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
Congrats Man!! Nothing like cruisin the open road in your own ride :cool:

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
Ahhhh yes, to be young again and have much fewer bills. Those were the days...

·
I need a truck!!!
2,115 Posts
Very nice gettin and paying for it yourself. Im 20 and also did that. Still paying off my truck. I hate seeing the kids driving around in the cars mommy and daddy bought acting like they are the shit. Knowing that if they were driving a car they paid for it would be a shit box.

Post up some pics.

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
imthe1nonlyD said:
Very nice gettin and paying for it yourself. Im 20 and also did that. Still paying off my truck. I hate seeing the kids driving around in the cars mommy and daddy bought acting like they are the shit. Knowing that if they were driving a car they paid for it would be a shit box.

Post up some pics.
haha my mommy and daddy bought me my first car.. well, it was an 86 s10 blazer that was supposed to go to my sister when she was 16, she is 2 years younger, and i needed to buy my own. But she bitched and moaned that it was a stick so they bought her a daytona and said i could have the blazer... Which was nice. It wasn't NEAR anything i see kids driving these days, but it was wheels and i was greatful. It got me through college all but my last semester when it died and i had to buy the TANK.

YEAH HOT WHEELS

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah my Mon actually bought me my first truck when I just turned 15. 87ranger. Then I sold it after about a year gave her half the money actually.(only seemed right since she bought it for me) Then bought My 96 v10 and now this. Wich I have to say I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!! Should see my friends face when I told him it was myne. I could see the ?mark above his head when he pulled in my drivway.

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
That blazer was ok till crap started breaking at 90,000. The block cracked. I think i went threw 2 clutches, 2 starters, ummm I had to hotwire the clutch saftey cause it wouldnt start.

*note, when you bypass the clutch safety you do not have to have the clutch pressed in to start it. If you try to start it the starter will pull the vehicle forward. My sister found this out when she TRIED to move it one morning and never drove stick before. She turned the key and drove it right threw the garage door into her daytona.. I was sleeping and it shook the whole house.. NICE JOB SIS" I have photos somewhere but dont knwo where.

·
Read Only
646 Posts
I am one of those rich kids...

When I turned 16 my mother gave me a Mazda Millenia, 1998, 4dr Sedan with a V6 and it was fully loaded. Very nice car till I killed it cause I drove it so hard then I was flat towing it to a mechanic and got double t-boned. bye bye to that car.

Then mom bought me my 94 Chevy 1500 Ext. Cab when I was 17, the motor went in that truck too

Then finally mom bought me the ram for graduation before I turned 18, I damaged the Ram pretty good this past fall and since then I BOUGHT MYSELF a 1997 Chevy Cavalier 5speed so I would have transportation for work n such and a car that is good on gas.

So ya, she bought me 3 vehicles, but in the end I learned how to get my own.

[Redacted]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.