DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend traded in my 09 ST reg cab 2wd with the 4.7 with 43,000 miles, for a 2012 Express quad cab 4x4 with the Hemi and 10 miles. I am rather pleased with the purchase. Though I am not that impressed with the hemi over the 4.7, though I did have the lighter regular cab.

Future plans include tinting the front windows and some bils. Thats about it for a while.

Attachments

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
very nice i thought the same thing with my 2010 having a 4.7 let the hemi loosen up and you will see a diference

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks good. I also went to the 4.7 as I had one in my 07 Durango. I like the 4.7 wanted a Hemi but great deal and the dealer I was working with did not have any hemi's. The 4.7 has 310hp and 330 tq. Not to shabby. Now if we can get a tuner for them we should be able to bump up the numbers quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Looks good. I also went to the 4.7 as I had one in my 07 Durango. I like the 4.7 wanted a Hemi but great deal and the dealer I was working with did not have any hemi's. The 4.7 has 310hp and 330 tq. Not to shabby. Now if we can get a tuner for them we should be able to bump up the numbers quite a bit.
I got the superchips tuner for my 4.7 and it woke my engine up big time. They advertise 54 more horsepower, now im not sure if it does that or not but it certainly feels that way. I raced my friends 5.7 hemi from a light one day and stayed right up with him he was impressed

·
Registered
594 Posts
hahaha let that HEMI break in some miles... then my friend you WILL notice a difference i assure you

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
I went from a 2008 4.7 to a 2010 Hemi. There is a difference.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Congrats on the new truck, nice upgrade!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
hahaha let that HEMI break in some miles... then my friend you WILL notice a difference i assure you
lol just what i was thinking .... Nice truck GL w/it

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the biggest difference I have noticed is it is sucking down the fuel a whole lot faster. I am not bad mouthing the Hemi but rather talking up the 4.7. My 2009 was pretty quick. I traded in my 2003 Durango for the 09 and that too was quick. I guess we will just have to wait ans see. I am hoping the MPGs start to improve.

·
Retired Guy
1,239 Posts
yeah, let that Hemi break in and you'll see whats up.
thanks for taking care of the sandbox!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
the biggest difference I have noticed is it is sucking down the fuel a whole lot faster. I am not bad mouthing the Hemi but rather talking up the 4.7. My 2009 was pretty quick. I traded in my 2003 Durango for the 09 and that too was quick. I guess we will just have to wait ans see. I am hoping the MPGs start to improve.
Yeah im not talking down the hemi either but my friends hemi dooesnt get the mpg that my 4.7 does either.I can get 23mpg on the freeway without even trying

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
my mpg is geting better

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
You went from a 2wd regular cab to a 4wd Quad, so not hard to see what is eating up the performance gain normally associated with the Hemi. ;)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Give the Hemi time to break in. Once it does the power and mileage will increase (it did for me). Mine was fully broke in by 15K miles.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
You went from a 2wd regular cab to a 4wd Quad, so not hard to see what is eating up the performance gain normally associated with the Hemi. ;)
+1 On this. That is the difference, if you went from a 4wd quad 4.7 vs a 4wd quad HEMI is a big difference.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.