DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hibernating
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to show the newest family member off...Got my truck a couple of weeks ago, but this is the first time I've had a chance to take some pics. (only have 1 now, but more will be added later). It's your basic Hemi QC 4x4 with chrome clad 20s and leather interior.

For those who've added side molding... How much would this cost? I had it on my other black ram and it has saved it countless times from door dings, so I want to get it on mine. Since I already have a black truck, it would just blend in.

Other mods I want to do is a little de-badging, clear headlights, lower billet insert, aftermarket rims and hard tonneau cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice ride! Havn't done it but want to on mine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wouldn't add the side moldings , looks great like it is . Well with a lil tint maybe .

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Nice truck - I've debated the side molding issue as well. For now, I will just continue parking in no-man's-land. People who ride with me are always pointing out closer parking spaces as I pass them up. :D

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Keep as is, i like it how it is now. I think the side moldings would take away from the clean and big door look of the truck. It would ruin the lines IMO. But it does protect. Depends what you want more, GREAT LOOKS or DOOR DINGS

·
fish on
2,132 Posts
yours did not come with molding i thought they all did love mine no dings in door i am going to put moldings on my wifes 04 d her doors are all messed up

chuck

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
You can get the moldings off Ebay for around $100 ... will be a lot more from a dealer.

·
Hibernating
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DeputyRAM,
Yeah, so far I got a dealer quote for $187. Can't find black moulding off ebay, only crome. Chrome from dealer was $70 cheaper.

hemibass,
No, side mouldings are an option.

SamCarrol,
I think if you have no door dings, then you have great looks :D

HEMIwoody,
I have 20% all the way around with a stripe on the windshield. I would like to add a darker tint to the factory tinted back window and make it as dark as I can.

Thanks for the compliments and comments...more mods to come...

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
i guess some come with them, some dont, my 05 ST reg cab 4x4 came with the black molding.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
bmgamble said:
Can't find black moulding off ebay, only crome. Chrome from dealer was $70 cheaper.
Here (item #7919903401) is a set a black moldings for $113, here (item #7979096722) is a set of chrome for $99.

·
Hibernating
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DeputyRAM said:
Here (item #7919903401) is a set a black moldings for $113, here (item #7979096722) is a set of chrome for $99.
Thanks for the link....got a set of them. Not a bad price. I would rather have mouldings that blend than door dings that don't.

·
Hibernating
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
spharis said:
Dang I just threw mine away........You mean I could have sold that garbage........
hehe...that's how things go with me...If I don't have it, I need it and if I don't need it, I have it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.