DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill be swapping gears and adding a torque converter to my truck in the next few weeks. While the tranny is out, is there anything else i can/should do to the transmission that might only cost a few bucks more to do?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Transgo shift kit!!!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
the valve body should be done also.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what exactly is the valve body?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
The valve body is what you'll be modifying if you install a shift kit. You have to drop the pan, disconnect an electrical connection, and unbolt it. Set it on your favorite work surface that you don't mind getting a little messy, install the kit, and reassemble and top of trans fluid. It's pretty simple but kind of messy.

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
Dumb question but why are you going to change your converter for? To a higher stall speed? Why-you dont drag race or anything with it right? I get the gears but dont get the converter..

·
RamByBlood
1,309 Posts
dline said:
that shift kit doesn't work well with sc flashpaq tuner.
Well yes and no ... it works with it as long as you do not install the resistor portion and the instructions you get say to skip that step if you have an aftermarket tuner that modifies your tranny in any way (which the Flashpaq does).

Replacing the internal parts with better ones in the kit will not do anything to harm your tranny and will only make it better/stronger.

I was able to install the resistor mod because the tuner back for '02 and '03's is the MicroMax tuner which does not make modifications to the transmission.

2,395 Posts
im not sure on this one, but isnt there two shiftkits available?? one that you just have to drop the pan to install, and then there is another one that you have to drop the entire transmission to finish up the install. just thought i read somewhere about this

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
MiniCwik said:
Well yes and no ... it works with it as long as you do not install the resistor portion and the instructions you get say to skip that step if you have an aftermarket tuner that modifies your tranny in any way (which the Flashpaq does).

Replacing the internal parts with better ones in the kit will not do anything to harm your tranny and will only make it better/stronger.

I was able to install the resistor mod because the tuner back for '02 and '03's is the MicroMax tuner which does not make modifications to the transmission.
Exactly what MiniCwik said, it works AWESOME with the Superchips...perfect combo!!!

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
badblackhemi said:
im not sure on this one, but isnt there two shiftkits available?? one that you just have to drop the pan to install, and then there is another one that you have to drop the entire transmission to finish up the install. just thought i read somewhere about this
Yes one is about $55 and the other is about $115. I have the $115 and I do have to drop the trans to install all of it, so someone might want to check on the $55 one to see if it modifies the valvebody, if it does then that's all you'll need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.