DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New to the Ram world!

791 views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  -Arana- 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I just got my first Ram. It's a 2006 1500 4X4, Lonestar Edition. I was just wondering if there is any way to stop the truck from auto-locking the doors when I start driving. It really bugs me that I have to open the driver's side door before all the other doors open.

thanks,

Andy

#2 · (Edited)
The owner's manual has the following method to turn off the auto lock feature.

Early models are done by closing all doors.
1. Place the ignition key in the OFF position for 20 seconds or more
2. Turn ignition key to the run position and to the OFF position without cranking the engine four times, Ending in the OFF position. The malfunction lamp will come on each time the key is in the run position.
3. Press the door lock button to lock the doors. This procedure reverses the automatic door lock option, Enable to Disable, or Disable to Enable. If the present option is undesirable, repeat to arrive at the desired option.
4. A single chime will signal that programming is successful.

I believe after the model 2005 or 06:
1. Close all doors
2. Put key in ignition and then turn the key between the OFF and ON positions for a total of 4 times ending in the OFF position. (do not start engine).
3. Press the driver's side power door lock button to lock the doors.
4. You will hear a single chime when the programming is completed.

:)

#3 ·
Opps! I forgot ....

Welcome to DT!

:dtrocks:

#4 ·
welcome to the real world

#6 ·
It's more fun to get the info on DT.

Attachments

#10 ·
Yes ... I should have warned you about posting pictures. The members on DT are alway hungery for pictures of your truck or any new mod's you put on the truck.

:photo:

#9 ·
congrats and welcome to dt

#11 ·
Hey everyone, I just got my first Ram. It's a 2006 1500 4X4, Lonestar Edition. I was just wondering if there is any way to stop the truck from auto-locking the doors when I start driving. It really bugs me that I have to open the driver's side door before all the other doors open.

thanks,

Andy
Pics or it didn't happen.

Oh sorry. Where are my manners...Welcome, brother!

#12 ·
Welcome too dt, now I don't mind the locking feature. Just wish they all opened when I got out of the driver side. Like my gf's 2010 journey.:D

#13 ·
Mine unlocks all of the doors when I open the drivers side door. You have to turn the key off, then open the door.

#14 ·
I open the door but the others remain locked till I hit the unlock feature on the fob.Not that big a deal, What year is yours?
never mind.....what a dope I am....lol

#15 ·
welcome to dt. Im sure i wont be the first to say this but keep an eye whats in your wallet cause its known to leave fast after being on here. enjoy you new truck.

#16 ·
Ya got that shlt right!! lol.:SPIN:

#17 ·
Welcome to DT! Pic time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.