Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang!

Thought I'd introduce myself - writing in from Regina, Saskatchewan (just transplanted there from the Maritimes) and I just bought my 1st Pickup (had cars and SUV's for years; our Primary veh is a Honda Pilot).

I bought a 2002 RAM 1500 Laramie ( 55k KMS on it) Quad Cab 4x4. Owning for a week I can't believe I never owned a Pickup b4!

Ok - it still has the factory tires on it and with rough Saskatchewan winters I thought I'd order some good all seasons boots. I got a great deal on Cooper Discoverer M+S tires (installed, balanced for $660 CDN) so I ordered them - but! ..are they the best?

A friend of mine who owned trucks for years says he never bought winter tires for his trucks but instead ran good all seasons year round... I have good all seasons on the Pilot and have no plans on getting winter tires for it... but never having owned a pickup I thought I'd write...

Anyone have any thoughts/opinions? :)

Thanks!!

HR

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
Welcome to DT. A lot of guys are running Coopers, and they seem happy with them. You'll probably get some thoughts about Toyo Open Country tires too as those are a popular tire, but expensive. Good Year makes a great tire too, it all just depends on how much you want to spend on tires, and what you'll be using them for. Like I said, people seem to like the cooper brand though.

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
Welcome to DT hwyrogue

My Cooper Discoverer LT's were good tires when I had mine, 35x12.5x15 on my Chev, only put 2500km on them before they were stolen, they were M+S rated.

I think the tires you ordered are a "winter" tire. I would have gone for something like the LT's that I previously had.

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
Welcome. Take your shoes off, make yourself comfortable, and stay a while!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, they are Mudd + Snow [M+S] but from what I heard they are supposed to be good all around tires that I can run year round...

And at $125CDN a piece..how could I refuse? The truck still has the factory boots on it but even though the tread is still good, the rubber is cracking - I like life a great deal so I figure it's time to replace 'em :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.