DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i'm new the the board, and i've got a few questions about my rig. I recently bought a 1989 Power Ram 150, and I am not sure ont he engine sie, i was told it was a 318, but then i was told it was a 360, I am not that good at asking the engine what size it is (they usually don't like to talk to me hahaha) did the 89 150 power rams come stock with the 360 or was it a shoe horn project afterwards? and whats the difference between a regular 150 Ram and a 150 Power Ram (just curious on that one)

also I have seen a thread about the knock in the drive train, i have figured out that all my u joints are recently new and have grease nipples so they are greased regularly, there was a lot of stuff said on the thread about what it might be, i got confused and left. hehehe

i hope to talk to a few people that can offer some insite on some of the quirks that i have.

Cheers

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
On the left side of the engine block behind or above the starter, you'll see the casting numbers cast into the block. At the end of those numbers the engine size should be cast into the engine block as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'll take a peak at it tomorrow in the daytime, thanks man!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
it is easier with the vin number.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
If it's the original engine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do I know just from lookin at the vin number? that was one thing I was never proficient at was reading my vin number, i've had a few people show me quite a number of times, but i never caught on. hahaha

·
Registered
313 Posts
post the first 8 didgits

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the VIN number on the truck is 1B7HM16Z4KS015207, hope that helps, i had a buddy take a look at it and he is pretty sure its a 360

·
Registered
313 Posts
yes your truck came from the factory with a 360 motor

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
right on, thanks for the help, now the only thing left is to get a new carb and riser for it!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
whats up with the coin holder things??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.