DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 2147 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost always owned Chevy's (mostly good trucks) and a couple of Ford's (both crap)..

Just bought a fixer upper that will be a damn nice truck once done. 2001 Ram 1500 4x4, Quad Cab Laramie SLT with heated leather, 5.9L, locking rear etc etc. Has 179,000km (about 110K miles) and was owned by a mechanic that never cleaned it once inside or out.

I am in Canada, a place called Oliphant, cottage community on Lake Huron right across (100 miles across) from Siginaw Michigan.

Looking forward to trucking with this Dodge for a change, looks easy to work on and has made more sense mechanically in this first week then either Ford did over several years!!

Greg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'm actually over 4 hours north of Windsor further up this big lake..

Greg

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
welcome to dt we have alot og knowledge here

loco

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
good thing spelling does not count lol

loco

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
Welcome to DT, Eh?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the welcomes. Over the past year I have learned more about John Deere Garden tractors then most Deere mechanics from a site just like this one. I expect to be a Ram expert in no time!! Have read a pile of articals already, even ones that are not an issue with my truck, great info!

Sites like this can make mechanics look stupid sometimes (sometimes!).. An inventive DIY'r that doesn't have the 'special' tools can produce better answers then someone with all the right tools and a shop manual!

By the way, "eh" I believe is the French Canadian spelling, the rest of Canada has mostly adopted the American version (Fonzy version) of AAAAAAAAA :teacher:

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
Welcome to DT!

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk, the best Dodge Forum on the internet :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
I made drove from NYC to Harrisburg and my mileage seemed almost too good to be true, then I hit the mountains on the turnpike going to Pittsburgh and it crapped out; fuel filter was clogged. I know 27mpg may sound right, but for what I suspect is high speed driving, sounds too good. Check and or change the filters, you know you can pull the sender with the six machine screws, first check that all the wires are attached, maybe the one to the intank pump got knocked off, wish I was closer, maybe one of your fellow travelers can swing by and give you a hand

·
Registered
0 Posts
I made drove from NYC to Harrisburg and my mileage seemed almost too good to be true, then I hit the mountains on the turnpike going to Pittsburgh and it crapped out; fuel filter was clogged. I know 27mpg may sound right, but for what I suspect is high speed driving, sounds too good. Check and or change the filters, you know you can pull the sender with the six machine screws, first check that all the wires are attached, maybe the one to the intank pump got knocked off, wish I was closer, maybe one of your fellow travelers can swing by and give you a hand

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts

1 - 20 of 2147 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.