DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, newbie to the forum and to the Dodge family.

Wondering if someone has a good link to repair panels that have rusted out on my 90 Ram 150. I am in need of the passenger side rocker panel and cab corner. I know JC Whitney has a few parts, but wondering if anyone has used these. I also have some severe rust around the windshield rain gutter that will require removal of the gutter. Can I remove the gutter and replace the windshield gasket or is the gutter an intergal part of the roof line? I can do most of the body work myself, so thats not a problem.

I'm not looking to really make this a project truck really, just to help it last at least a few more years. The truck belonged to my grandfather who past away a few years ago.

Also looking for ways to identify the drivetrain parts. I know it is a 318 with holley throttle body and A518 auto. Not sure how to identify the rear axle. I would like to find out the trucks GVWR and towing capacity. I have a 6500 lb camper I would like to tow around with it every now and then possibly.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
82 Posts
as far as replacement parts, i have a great junkyard nearby that's got everything i've ever needed so i can't help there, but this is a link to the powertrax web site, they've got a "differential identification" section... hope this helps. http://www.powertrax.com/differential.html

·
Registered
82 Posts
and you may want to try rockauto.com for the body parts, i've not used them but they seem to have a ton of parts in general...

·
Registered
82 Posts
oh, and by the way, welcome to dodgetalk!

·
Registered
313 Posts
if the rust is as bad as stated maybe you should look for another cab. when the drip edge problem starts it is too late for an easy fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.