DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!! I love forums and I'm glad I found this site. I own a 2000 Ram Van 1500, 5.9L Engine. I mainly use the van for family trips and it has 72,253 miles on it. I'll be posting pics of it here soon. I am currently having problems with it (not to mention my previous problem with transmission that cost me $2100 to fix it about 8 months ago), my problem now is my coolant reservoir keeps getting empty, I would say after running it about 100 miles, I would notice a big drop on the tank and eventually will empty as I drive it more. I checked under the hood and I don't seem to see any signs of leaks anywhere or at least a mark somewhere under the hood where coolant drips. Another problem I have with it is the A/C, I notice the problem started about 10 months ago when I had the dealer do a major tune up on the van (spark plugs, transmission and whatever it is that need to be done, just to get it in great shape) it wasn't as bad at first, I notice a smoke coming out of the vent when I have the A/C on, I had it check by the tech in dealer shop and told me it's just a condensation in A/C and told me that it's nothing major and something normal. Now it gets worst, even without the A/C on, I would notice a smoke is coming out of the vent which would cause my windshield to fog, then if I turn on my defogger to clear it out, the smoke will becomes more significant and the windshield will not clear out for hours!!! Yes it just won't clear up even I have the defogger way up and you can even hear that it is blowing really hard but just can't clear the windshield. Sorry if this post get's too long. If further information is needed to help with troubleshooting please let me know. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Have you checked your heater core for leaks? That would explain both the coolant loss and the 'smoke' as you call it coming out of your vents.

·
Seating for 12
1,893 Posts
Yes, check to see if the heater-core in the vehicles' HVAC system has no leaks. If it is leaking, replace it. Also, check the hoses going to the heater-core. It is possible that a hose is leaking at a joint.

·
Banned
3,120 Posts
Everything is accessed from the front except the disconnecting of the linkage arm from the air blend door motor. That is done from inside but is easy to get to once you remove the glove box. Do yourself a favor and tie a string to that linkage arm for when you pull the heater box out from under the hood. When I changed my heater core, getting that linkage back through the firewall was the worst part of the whole job. Having the string to guide it back though will save you some aggravation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.