DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Chevy man but I got a 93 Dodge Intrepid to fix up. But I got a rubber hose that keeps melting. It comes from the right valve cover normally where you would find a pvc instead it is a stub up. And it wrapps around the back of the engine to the air intake. Does anyone know what this hose piece is call I don't know autozone, advance auto people, pepboys. No ones knows what that peice is called.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
I'd say it's just a crankcase breather tube. I'd just buy some generic rubber hose and reroute it away from the heat. That seems easiest.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would think but the way it is setup right now is probally the less heat. Would tacking a piece of pipe instead of rubber work better. I don't know. Any input would be great.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Hmmmm, that could work. How about some Schedule 40 PVC pipe? The gray kind....electrical conduit.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had to replace mine on my 93' with a 3.3. I got it for a few dollars from my local dealer. Where is yours melting? If it is on the back side of the engine I might check the EGR valve and or EGR valve gasket for leaking exhaust gasses..........good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.