Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 01 ram 4x4 with yokohama geolande a/t's

i was thinking about getting some buckshot mudders (i can get them for 105$ a tire).

any other low cost -quality tires?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Kumho, BFG, Goodyear, Dunlop.... Take your pick. There's going to be people who love 'em, and people who hate 'em. Your truck. Your wallet. You decide.

·
Registered
528 Posts
if you live in a snowy area and plan on driving your truck in the snow, stay away from the bfg mud terrains, they're horrible in the snow. bfg all terrains are a good tire, not great at one thing, but a solid well rounded tire. you're going to get alot less miles out of a mud tire than you are an all terrain. the kumho mud terrains wear out really fast, but they have excellent mud traction, and are fairly cheap, they also do surprisingly well in the snow considering their tread design beind similar to a bfg mud. I would stray away from the goodyears, never liked any of their tires. I had a set of mtr's, but they sucked till i cut the tread to my liking. They ended up having reallly weak sidewalls, (they opposite of the advertising they put right on the side of the tire). If you want a mud tire that is isn't too expensive and does well in the snow i'd go with a cooper STT. They are comparable in traction to the kumho, they do better in the snow than kumho tho. and they wear better on the road. They are a little more expensinve. I can't comment on the buckshot mudders because i have no experience with them, but i've heard good things. Good luck.

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
I like the newer Maxxis Bighorn better than the Buckshot, but that is just preference.

·
The Green Machine
1,722 Posts
You'll definitely get a lot of opinions on tire selection - what do you plan on doing/what conditions will you be driving in? That will help narrow down what tire is appropriate.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Does anyone know anything about Summit Mud terrains? I think they are mud dawgs or something?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.