Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I put new tires and wheels on my 2005 1500. Went w/285/70/17 BFG ATKO
I love them.
I have a Superchips Flashpaq. Used it to adjust the speedo. Set it at 32.5". As the website for BFG says it is 32.7" on a 8"wheel.
Now it does not seem correct. Going with traffic it shows alot higher than it feels. If that makes sense. Like the speedo will say 50 when trafic is in a 35 zone. and I am not passing anyone. Did I do something wrong? Do I need to set it different?
Michael
Also here is a pic of i :) :)

Attachments

· Registered
197 Posts
You need to actually go out and measure the tire from the ground up to the top. That will give you a more accurate measurement and it should get your speedo pretty close.

· Registered Confuser
6,355 Posts
TribalHemi said:
You need to actually go out and measure the tire from the ground up to the top. That will give you a more accurate measurement and it should get your speedo pretty close.
x2

i set mine that way, and its perfect

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Yeah, you need the actual measurement as it sits on the truck. This is the way SC sets up the tire size programming.

KB

· Registered
2,639 Posts
Easy way to check. Pull off the freeway next to a mile-marker, reset the ODO, drive 10-20 miles and pull over next to another marker and see what the difference is.

· 1 TIM 6:12 Fight RIGHT!!
2,209 Posts
duso02 said:
Easy way to check. Pull off the freeway next to a mile-marker, reset the ODO, drive 10-20 miles and pull over next to another marker and see what the difference is.
That is IF you live somewhere that has highways with milemarkers :D
BTW Michael, nice color blue on your RAM! :rck: You need to level it now with the new meats on it.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
funinak said:
That is IF you live somewhere that has highways with milemarkers :D
BTW Michael, nice color blue on your RAM! :rck: You need to level it now with the new meats on it.
I have helper springs on the back that lift it about 1.5" Planninig on taking them off so it will be more level.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.