Votes: 33 75.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 06 mineral grey truck and i decided on the style of tail lights im getting but not the color. Im leaning towards black cause im thinking the carbons may look like shit in person but im thinking carbons may look better with a grey truck and not as many people have them. Than again carbon seems kind of like a ricer thing. what do you guys think? (ignore the gunmetal grey ones in the middle)

Attachments

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
I put the top ones on my Bright Silver '03. The darker ones might look better on a darker truck. They might look good on mineral gray as well. BTW, they work really well!

Attachments

·
September 2007 ROTM
1,332 Posts
I would go with the black ones. :tup:

I'm warning you now, wherever you buy them from, make sure you get a GOOD/LONG warranty on them. I have already gone through 2 sets of the black DEPO LED ones on my truck. I know Bob @ Moe's Performance has them and they come with a 1 year warranty. It's the best priced I've seen on those, especially with the warranty that it has. Choose your seller wisely! Maybe I'm the only one who's had problems but, my first set (on both tail lights) the LED's started going out on the bottom. I think I only had them for about 10 months. LED's should not be going out that fast!! So, of course, I think I had a 90 day warranty and was shit out of luck. The seller wouldn't help me at all. This time around, I opted for another cheaper set (eBay) from a different seller with the 60 day warranty, thinking that this set would be fine. Wrong. One day I noticed my passenger side hazing up from the inside of the lens and it wasn't condensation. Contacted the seller, and thankfully she's helping me out and getting it exchanged outside of their warranty period.

And good luck, it should look sweet! Oh, and we better get some pics!! :D

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Black ones

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
black

·
Registered
922 Posts
i don't have led's but i have tinted tails on my mineral gray truck so i'd say black for sure. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
i just ordered the depo blacks for my mineral gray. go for black!

·
Haulin rubber dog s#!%
123 Posts
i was thinking about black for mine as well.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I voted black

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
black definetly.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have a feeling i may regret this but i went with the carbon ones. Im thinking ther less common and the color will match good with im grey truck, will put up pics soon.

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
RJRJRJ said:
i have a feeling i may regret this but i went with the carbon ones. Im thinking ther less common and the color will match good with im grey truck, will put up pics soon.
Hell,
It's your ride and your the one paying for it!!! I wouldn't regret anything!!!!!
Post some pics when you install them!!!

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
Wasinger12 said:
Hell,
It's your ride and your the one paying for it!!! I wouldn't regret anything!!!!!
Post some pics when you install them!!!
x2....it doesn't matter what we think. What you like is what matters.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quietpeen said:
x2....it doesn't matter what we think. What you like is what matters.
oh i know, the poll was heavily lopsided towards the black when i orderd them ive just never seen them on a grey truck and im not a huge fan of carbon fiber so im hopein it dosnt look like dookie!! either way ill post some pics in about a week

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Either set will look great it is just a question of which set will look the greatest and that is personal taste

I don't think you will be disappointed

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I have the black ones ......

Carbon Fiber looks good on darker colors for sure ....
My bud has them on his grey truck and they look very nice (sorry no pic avail.)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The black ones will look good on mineral grey i have the like one for my silver ram just not installed yet

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.