DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*disclaimer- I know it's a mix match setup... but it's stuff I've gotten over time and without sponsership, I'm not gonna go buy matching*

Ok, here's the list of what I have:

2 JL 10W3V2 Dual 4s
1 MTX 7500
1 MB Quart 6.5" componets
1 Fosgate 1001bd
1 Fosgate 4 channel (500x... ?)

Also, I'm planning on a set of 6x9s (most likely MB Quarts as well) for the rear as well.

Now, I know it's a lot to fit in there and others have asked me "Why?" and all I can say is... "Why not?" "You don't need it..." "No, but I don't need anything... I just want it."

So, with that... I've been planning on putting the 2 JLs in the rear corner of the trunk and the MTX in the center behind the rear seat, with each amp mounted next to it and (unless I can find a better place) the CAP in the center at the rear of the trunk.

Now, I can't recall what the other amp is, but I think I was doing the numbers the other day and decided that the 4 channel wouldn't push enough to either the MTX and door speakers or the JLs and the doors, so I'm kind of stuck there. Since being stuck, I thought of throwing in my Kenwood KAC-929 amp to power the 2 JLs (as I had in my truck), the Fosgate 1001bd pushing the MTX and the other Fosgate to push the door speakers.

Is there anyone with input or suggestions on how or what to put in here? Oh, and your ideas and suggestions on keeping the trunk in tact and not rattle off. I know with anything, it's gonna rattle... so I want to know the best way to not be the badass with the system heading towards you and the annoying guy with the rattle after I drive by. I've heard of people using expanding foam to fill all the little gaps... that actually work?

Ok, I'm gonna end this now... I feel as if I've just gone on and on here... lol

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, quick update (even though there's no one to update)... I'm thinking of getting rid of all of my amps and the two JL subs. Replacing them will be a pair of Audiobahn amps (8001T I think and another that's a 4-channel) and getting another MTX 7500.

I'll bridge the big amp to push both the MTXs and use the 4 channel to drive the door speakers.

·
Registered
187 Posts
sounds like a pretty nice set up. I am looking for some MB Quart's for the front and rear for mine. I just bought a MB Quart Reference RAA4200 100W x 4 amp today to drive them...once i pick them out :)
How do you like your MB components? My Ram only has the 4 speaker system so I would have to figure out a way to mount them so I might just skip the components if it is too much trouble. How do you have yours mounted?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't had them in there. I got them while waiting install in the CTD, but the system was never put in it.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
sorry........missed this one, but you got a good start bubba.....let me know if you need help

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok... 'nother update here: I will be getting rid of the JL 10W3's (and all the other componets I have around) and will be replacing it with a 2nd MTX 7500 (T7510-44). Pushing the two of those will be an Audiobahn A8002T (800x1 @ 4 ohm) and getting a set of MB Quart 6x9s to match the MB Quart 6.5" componets which will be run by an Audiobahn A6004T (75x4 @ 4 ohm or 150x4 @ 2 ohm).

Now, I'm pretty sure most door speakers are run on a four ohm setup... and that there is a way to get it down to two, but I don't know how to do that. Is it possible?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heh, I know they're 4 ohm... I don't know though why I said 2 and then asked to get them down to 2. lol I'll go back and change that now.

Discount Jungle wouldn't happen to be something as easy as www.discountjungle.com would it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.