DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Superchip for the 03 Hemi's off ebay, got it for $163 shipped to me.. lol. I installed it on the 87 octane and took the rev limiter up +250, noticed a nice difference in power. Can't wait to try the performance setting. Also, it says I can adjust shift points? Is this only on the performance setting?

Wednesday my Cold Air Intake will be here, can't wait to see the difference the both of them will make. I might leave them off and take the truck to dyno day, make a few stock runs, then throw the CIA, Performance Setting, PowerWire + Scoop all on for a modd'd run. Any estimations? What about track times? Its an 03 R/C S/B 2wd. Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not to "diss" a product, but I doubt the "scoop" will accomplish anything on the dyno. It works via the ram-air effect, right? Maybe they could mount the dyno on a trailer and... nevermind...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was that you on ebay...

That's funny I was watching that auction waiting to see the outcome. Congrats on the new purchase hopefully I can pick one up from eBay as well.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
you have an 03?...the model of sc is #3715?....with that year and model I don't think you can adjust shift points...

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
VinnieTheFish said:
That's funny I was watching that auction waiting to see the outcome. Congrats on the new purchase hopefully I can pick one up from eBay as well.
hey Vinnie...watsup...I work in Pleasanton...what truck do you have and what kinda mods have you done to it?

Fred

·
Registered
175 Posts
chefred112 said:
you have an 03?...the model of sc is #3715?....with that year and model I don't think you can adjust shift points...
You are right!

I also got my Superchips programmer for the 03 Hemi-RAM only which is model 3714 from Ebay at 107 dls shipped!

It made a big difference to me after I installed the performance tuning for 91+ Octane fuel

The only thing I do not like, and it was confirmed by Superchips, is that there is no Superchips programmer or FlashPaq for the 03 Hemi's that would allow you to setup custom shift points like on the 04's+

·
Registered
8 Posts
P-town

Fred,

Glad to see there are some locals on the forum. I bought the truck mainly because I do quite a bit of bass fishing around the Delta, Clear Lake, Berryessa, etc as my Jeep Grand Cherokee had about 190,000 miles on a V6 and was not up the job of pulling some of those steep hills with the boat. As for my truck I bought a Silver 2006 Ram 1500 QC 5.7L Hemi Big Horn Edition 4x2 about 2 weeks ago. Since then I've install the K&N Series 77 CAI, installed a set of chrome Nerf Bars (for 1/3 the price what the dealership wanted to charge me) and had Valley Truck install a Series 40 Flowmaster w/ a 3in/2x2.5 dual exhaust with chrome tips.

As for planned upgrades I've ordered 3rd Strike's EGR Baffle as the CAI sound is a bit annoying. I'm also on the look out for a Superchips 3815 online to fix some of the shift point issues with the stock config that I don't like.

I'm not really happy with the Flowmaster dual exhaust as I'm getting some very bad sounding vibrations throughout the truck and when the MDS kicks in the sound is not desirable (plus the girlfriend doesn't care for the extra sound in the cab from the exhaust). I'm looking into the Aero Turbine 3030XL to replace the exhaust as I've heard some really good things especially on models with the MDS. There's a shop called "R Mechanic" in Livermore that has them in stock that I found on aeroexhaust (dot) com website that sells and installs them.

Are you going to Good Guys this weekend? I'll probably be there on Sat morning then back up to Berryessa on Sun to pre-fish for a tournament.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
hey Vinnie...man, i didn't think Good Guys was this weekend...I might hafta check it out. There are a few of us local members that try to get together every so often for lunch an stuff...kenny (kb112) is in antioch, kevin (hemifreak) lives in livermore. I'm curious about the vibes yur talkin about with your flows. Have you tried seein Scott at Minute Muffler? but then again, he'll put in whatever you want but may not be able to tell you whats good or bad...but, he does good muffler work at a reasonable price... i just got LT's and may have to re-do my exhaust system to accomodate them... I might go there this afternoon to ask what my options are... I'll try to go saturday and maybe we could meet up...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.