DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Harrison
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first weekend I've actually gotten to do anything with my truck for about the past month now, I've been working in Cali every weekday for a while now. But once I finally got home all the stuff that I'd ordered was waiting on the table for me :D So as of this weekend I've installed full yellow 3157 bulbs for the turn signals up front which most won't notice but one of my not so car envy friends noticed them almost immediately lol. Secondly today I just got done installing the '69 Camaro front spoiler which I'm waiting to see how long it lasts with how low my truck is. My low pro jack that I got for Christmas doesn't even work anymore.

LOW PRO JACK no more lol

here it is just pulling into my driveway about 1/2" to spare.

·
Dodge Fan
501 Posts
the spoiler really doesnt go with the lines of the truck IMO.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dartboy! That spoiler is REALLY cool. I like the way it looks, angular. How did you attach it? Where did you get it? Under body shots? C'mon man, don't hold out!

·
Harrison
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha thanks guys, yeah I know not everyone likes the look of the spoiler, but a few do and I just happen to be one of those few. It also beats $200+ for a custom bumper and paint. As for how I attached it I've heard of all sorts of different ways screws, zip ties, and actually riveted on. But I wanted something that wouldn't make too much noticeable damage If I ever want to remove it and be easy to remove, so I used the plastic rivets you can get at almost every auto parts house. I just held the spoiler to the bottom of the bumper and used one vice grip to clamp it so I could mark 2 of the 6 holes on it. After I drilled out those holes I attached the spoiler with two of the rivets and marked and drilled the rest of the holes working from the inside out, and putting a rivet in each one after I drilled it so it couldn't move all over the place.

·
Harrison
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's another pic same angle, different lighting.

and just for the heck of it...

Jeeze from that angle it makes my bumper gap look huge! and I've already moved it up about a 1/4 of an inch.

·
Yea boooyeee!
1,996 Posts
Someone else has done this spoiler before on a Durango, brownish one.

Looks alot better on your truck! Could you get a width measurement for me? I'm thinking it might be a perfect aero mod for my DD.

·
Harrison
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Someone else has done this spoiler before on a Durango, brownish one.

Looks alot better on your truck! Could you get a width measurement for me? I'm thinking it might be a perfect aero mod for my DD.
Yeah I've seen it done before and liked the idea so copied it lol, as for measurements I'm gonna be away from my truck until this Friday but lengthwise it's about even with the middle of the fog lights and it's about 4" tall along the whole length.

·
Technician/Dodge Fanatic
86 Posts
wow, you have one of the nicest looking R/Ts i've seen man. props.

·
Harrison
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow, you have one of the nicest looking R/Ts i've seen man. props.

Thanks man! There's a lot of flaws in it actually, but I know how to hide all the bad stuff ;) Eventually they'll all be gone though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dartboy, I love. It reminds me of my past Datsun 240Z that I put one on.
How much did you pay for the spoiler? And where did you get it?

·
Harrison
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I try to make it as nice as possible for myself, and am glad a lot of others like it too! Makes me sad to know that it didn't get truck of the year though :( maybe next year! As for the spoiler itself I payed about $19 shipped from a camaro restoration site, I just searched google for the cheapest one so I wouldn't have to worry about it if I ever took it out on a pothole or something.

·
Technician/Dodge Fanatic
86 Posts
i was looking through your pics and noticed i couldn't see a rear bumper. do you have a roll pan on it? pics? getting a roll pan is pretty high on my to-do list.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Dakotaguy... Your gonna take the bumper off your beautiful solar yellow dakota r/t?! HA! Dude i love you truck how is it treating ya?!

I have been looking at Sir Michaels but dang expensive stuff!

·
Harrison
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah the info on everything done to my truck is in my signature. But it's a Sir Michaels roll pan like MONKYMAN said and it's been welded in for complete flushness lol. I honestly hate this pic because it makes my wheels look like there 5" wide but in fact there 9 1/2" wide.

·
Registered
127 Posts
DartBoy i love your truck haha its drool worthy, if you ever drove that around my city though your tuck would be destroyed:p Thats why i went with a 4x4 Lol.

·
Technician/Dodge Fanatic
86 Posts
my truck is running great, thanks for asking. had a bad miss one day and come to find out the stock plugs had been in there for 68k... number 8 looked real bad. but everything is peachy now.

sir michaels has some pretty sick stuff. might just go with a fiberglass one from ebay though. not sure. where did you get the clear lights again?

·
Harrison
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my truck is running great, thanks for asking. had a bad miss one day and come to find out the stock plugs had been in there for 68k... number 8 looked real bad. but everything is peachy now.

sir michaels has some pretty sick stuff. might just go with a fiberglass one from ebay though. not sure. where did you get the clear lights again?

I got the actual headlight off eBay, I got the clear corners somewhere shopping through google.

·
Registered
85 Posts
looks good man! i really like it.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Oh wow I did not notice you have a shaved tail gate handle. Did you do all this stuff of did the previous owner do it? I like your roll pan a ton too! Very tight up there and nice and SMOOTH!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.