DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I just got back from American TV & Appliance and just bought a new stereo system for my 2004 Ram 1500 QC. They have an employee sale going on right now where you pay 1/2 the mark up. It will be installed next week Wednesday. Just wondering what everyone here thinks of my choices. I do not know much about audio but the saleman there was very knowledgable and helpful.

Here's what I bought:

Alpine - 50W Deck CDA9885
3 3.5" MTX Audio Thunder Dome-Axials 3502 (front dash)
2 6X9 MTX 3 Way Speakers TDX6903 (front doors)
2 6.5" Polk Audio Coaxial Speakers 180W of Peak Power DB651 (rear doors)

No amps or subs.. I dont think I need them to listen to my country music.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

· Registered
180 Posts
bbfishin said:
Hey everyone!

3 3.5" MTX Audio Thunder Dome-Axials 3502 (front dash)
I wonder why they sold you these??? Maybe you should see if you could get a nice set of componets for the fronts something like THESE. I would get some 6x9 to 6 1/2 adapters in the doors and put the tweeters in the dash...good luck

btw....Alpine makes a great head unit

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BeastieBoys21 said:
I wonder why they sold you these??? Maybe you should see if you could get a nice set of componets for the fronts something like THESE. I would get some 6x9 to 6 1/2 adapters in the doors and put the tweeters in the dash...good luck

btw....Alpine makes a great head unit

Not sure why he sold me these... He told me that was the size thats in the front dash now. There is a little fuzz coming from those speakers too so one of them may be blown out??? I listened to the 3.5's in the store and they sounded great. Thanks for the reply

· Registered
22,981 Posts
You must have the Infinity system like I do. I don't see any problem with those speakers. Only thing is our front door speakers are 6x9 subs, so they only emit low frequencies. I don't know if it will matter that you put a 3 way speaker there.

KB

Edit - The center dash speaker is a 2.5", but I imagine you can make the 3.5" fit. If not, take it back.

· Registered
209 Posts
well you need to make sure they bypass you factory infinity amp. it is located behind the glove box, also running 2 pairs of speakers off of the front channel on you radio will make the radio see 2ohms stereo. this means you are going to have more sound in the front than the back. so the fader will be off. also while running 2 ohms stereo on a deck you will make the deck run way hotter which also in turn increases your THD%(Total Harmonic Distortion). so that is something to think about. you really should do a 4-channel amp under the driver or passenger seat for the interiors. it will make them rock. even for country music.

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Why bypass the factory amp? I didn't with my Eclipse.

KB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.