DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice speakers, i just bought 2- 6 1/2's for my doors. Xplod isnt top of the line, but they sure sound good for the price. What you pay for your speakers? Im looking into getting a sub here soon, any ideas where i could get a good deal on one?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i bought those at walmart for about 80 apeice. they sound good not the best but decent hit about 140 w/ all 4 wired at 4 ohm on a bridged 2ch amp pushing right at 500 rms. i can send u wiring diagram if you want. use the xplod signature series amps. i am switching to the signature series subs soon..1600 watt max 600 rms and 4 monoblock class d amps. 2400 dollars just in sub and amps

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
$2400 is a waste of cash to waste on subs lmfao... in my opionon if u wanna go race go race if u wanna go "wake up the 5 yr olds 10 blocks away with ur 500lb sub box and sub" then go that... its a nice looking box im not hating on that... it would be sweet in a suv... but honestly if u street race and u wanted to race me and i had to wait for u too get 2 of ur friends and pull that huge ass box outta ur car i would laugh at u... sry about being rude but im in shitty mood!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah it sounds great..correction did sound great. the air pressure started to blow box apart now box rattles...on low notes under 40 hz.. its in the garage right now i'm letting the fiberglass cure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I hooked up my 15" kicker impulse to a MTX bridged at 4 oms at 200 RMS. It was like putting a square peg into a round hole fitting it into the trunk with the cabinet, like only 1/4 inch wiggle room, but it fits pointing at the corner of the trunk which gives the best reflection and sounds great. It would fit better but my 6x9 magnets drop down too far. I don't know about your cabinet but if you have any more rattling, I suggest Dynamat (sp?)

·
Registered
78 Posts
that must sound pretty sweet... im thinkin bout gettin two more 12s in mine. i use smaller boxes that weigh less cuz i know that shit can get pretty heavy. once you get used to what you have, you want it louder. my friend has a big ass blazer and has 9 12s in it. sounds good on the inside, but on the outside, that old piece sounds like the doors are about to fall off.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
i like nice systems but 500lbs in subs not worth it. especially the extra hp u have to add just to make up for it! screw that noice! im thinking of just buying a factory incloser that some srt-4s come with and calling it good! i'l change the sub of course!

·
Registered
52 Posts
hi everyone if u are looking to get new sound systems i went to millionbuy.com and got a dual 7in flipout teach screen 5.1 surround , dual 400 watt amp , sony exp 12 , 15far cap, 50ft 4 gage wire , hifonics 6.5 compont and 50ft of 10gage specker wire
for just under $700. ( normal price $1500

and with that setup every one i have talk to think i i have one 15in sub and i had some one put it in whan i did it all my self. i got pics if u want to see it all

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.