DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
purchased a brand new complete set of MP headers or aka doug thorley tri-y's:rck:....i have all ways wanted a set of these headers but at 500 new i couldnt afford them...found them for 200 shipped brand new in the box:D ....couldnt pass that up....IMO these are the best headers for daily driving....there of the tri-y mid length header which is for low end torque...one down is they are for a 94-95 ram 4x4....that just put's a egr tube in pass side header i'll block that off....should have them this week...installed next weekend :gr_patrio

my pacesetter headers will be for sale with header bolt's and stainless collector bolts

Attachments

·
Be Cool!
985 Posts
Good looking headers! I just had Edelbrock ceramic coated headers installed on mine, you'll notice they'll really dress up the engine!

·
Registered
262 Posts
how much u lookin for on the pacesetters

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alittle bling bling for the motor:crazy:

should look good on there....truthfully iam more old school....i'd rather have them coated white but thats not in the budget....not much into chrome....cant wait to get them on and feel the power:drivingz:

100obo for my pace headers plus shipping...there in perfect shape...never had a leak....no rust...painted with high temp BBQ paint , white....will re-paint if buyer want's with same stuff....

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
i would have gone with longtubes when i got these shorties i have now, but do to it not fitting without cutting up crap & the like double in price turned me off...& at the time i had a lower paying job too.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pace LT'S are a great initial price but like you said all the extra(y-pipe , cat ect...plus i cant use them here in cali....TRI-Y'S i can:rck:....they have a carb#....IMO....pace or any LT that use's 1-3/4 primary tubes on a stock motor/daily driver is over kill and to much header...tri-y's are 1-5/8's

·
Registered
262 Posts
Pm'd ya dodgepickup

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pm recieved....pm sent:tup:

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got a brand new set of JBA 8mm wire's for sale....1992-2003 , 5.2-5.9 , there spirial core , numbered , blue....nice set of wire's IMAO...if my TAYLOR'S weren't so new i would run these no problem....45 shipped

Attachments

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bump for a good deal:tup:

·
bigkuntry72
648 Posts
dont worry if you dont like the shiny chrome, itll fade in a hurry. youll be happy with those headers. i am. i dont know if it makes a difference that i have a 3/4 ton, but the y-pipe that came with them wouldnt fit on mine. hit the frame.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'll have to re-work the y-pipe going to the cat....these are for a 95 so i knew going in to it something wont fit right....hopefully i can get it all lined up/cut right and have my exhaust shop weld her up....that will be next week....can't wait

my pacesetters are sold pending payment next week....if that fall's threw i'll re list them for the other that were interested....

JBA WIRE'S are still available....there a good looking wire set...someone on here is ready for a tune-up ?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
got me new tri-y's in today....installed the headers in about 3 hours....used rtv ultra copper on both side's of the gaskets as i all way do....drove with open headers (dammm thats loud)slowly to my exhaust shop for them to re-work the y-pipe in to the cat....1 hour later they were done....being a 2.5in collectors and 2.5in y-pipes it has a deeper tone...not as racey sound or as loud as before....iam how ever likeing the new low end gitty-up....fitment was much better then i thought it would be....the driver y-pipe is routed alittle close to the tranny pan....will need fixing before next fluid change , no more money left lol.....need more then 5 miles for the pcm to re-learn....here's a few pic's

edit.........forgot to wipe down the headers with alcohol....this removes the oil's from your hands and allows the headers to blue in evenly and not yellow

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
those are some good lookin headers!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ty....they are nice....and very well built....14ga pipeing....ill re-re-torque the bolt's for the next cpl of days

JBA wire set^^^^^^^^available for immediate shipping lol

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Were there any problems with installation on the drivers side around the brake lines and tranny cooler lines ?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You cat is fully functional, correct?

What muffler do you have?

Your truck sounds awesome, does it drone at all?
yes the cat is functional....flowmaster 40 with no tail pipe just cut off flush at the 40....no drone what so ever....with my pacesetters and old stock y-pipe it was louder....my neighbors agree lol

oz....drive side y fit better then expected....however...it is running alittle close to the tranny pan bolt's....one bolt look's to be a pita to get to....i'll cross that bridge when it's time for a fluid change....for being a egr 94-95 set i'd give them a :tup: on fitment on a 99 4x4 lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.