DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that KRC has a new RV cam grind. Has anybody else heard this or know more about it. I'm looking for a new cam for my `97 5.2 rebuild here in the near future. Right now I'm just trying to get a build list started with everything that will work well together. My plans so far...

IAT relocation
open element air cleaner ( mopar performance )
CPS mod.
throttle body mod.
intake mod. ( I think I'll try the epoxy also )
cam (something mild )
1.7 holland sharp rockers
ignition upgrade
valve covers ( where can I find the black Magnum valve covers )
basic replacement stuff..water pump, belt, oil pump ( will a high volume pump work ok, any info on a pickup tube upgrade??? ), etc.

Any opinions, suggestions and/or advice?? Not looking for tons of horse power just an upgrade and a dependable daily driver.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
air cleaner
fastman
1.7 R.R
headers shorties or longtubes
tune up
change all fluids to sythetic
highflow cat
catback
bigger heads thats some other ideas

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely want to put headers on ( shorties or long tube not sure ). A new pcm or tuner ( I like what I hear about the SCT ). As far as the fastman tb, I think for now I'll try the mod. to the original one for now, maybe later pick up a fastman. For sure a good tune up along with a hotter ignition.
I've been hearing about our heads are subject to cracking, would these work alright for now with a new cam and headers. Down the road later replace them??? Ricker

·
Registered
595 Posts

·
farmboy
38 Posts
hey im looking for any place to buy a dress up kit any ideas. and also how do i put on a open element air filter on my 1997 dodge ram do i put a stup in the thorottle body or what

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Trucklover thats the cam I had in mind. They were talking about the possible use of the 1.7 Holland Sharp rockers but no definite word on how well it would work. It sounds like a great cam for low end through mid range torque.

ndurst1..Summit has valve covers and open filter air cleaner ( black Mopar Performance ). As far as mounting an air cleaner you have to use a s-bolt. Use the "search" function typing in s-bolt and you'll find what you need.

·
Registered
595 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Ram Man those are the valve covers and air cleaner that I was looking for. Alittle picey but I've seen them on another truck and decided right then that I wanted them on my truck. That black wrinkle finish will go great with my paint theme..Ricker

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any ideas?? I was thinking the SCT tuner would be nice, that way later if I do another motor upgrade I only have to redo the tune. Ricker

·
farmboy
38 Posts
thanks guys i dont need any tuners im going with all moter punching it 30 over and full flattop pistons and a small rv cam im elimnating alot of dead wate a/c cruise ect putting on a underdrive pulley set and a set of sst heads im running a holley thorottle body and getting rid of my cats and putting on a set of Purple hornies im not running a slush box its a puller ive got a big muncie

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
fastman does a awesome job, he puts lighter brass peices in and ytou get money back for sending yours back

·
Registered
551 Posts
For the headers get long tubes, dont get shorties, they're pretty much useless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.