DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I really need new tires on my 92 W150. Any reccomendations?
I still have the stock 15" rims. I was looking at a set of Mickeys, the Baja belted. Anyone have any comments?
I want a good off road tire, good in mud and snow, and of course decent highway miles. I've had Perrelli norseman's on my 99 Ram, they were pretty decent. Wanted something a little beefier.

·
Registered
313 Posts
BF Goodrich all terrian work well for me and have little to no noise on the street.

·
Registered
562 Posts
These have been real good to me so far...they're made by Cooper Tire....

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those durangos look pretty beefey. I think I might break down and get a set of Mickeys, I've always wanted to try them out.
The Bfg's are good tires too. I hear alot about those.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Mickey Thompsons are really good but kind of pricey. I have ALWAYS had really great results with my B.F. Goodrichs 33x12.5x15 my first set lasted 12 years and 80,000 miles! The only reason I replaced them was the sidewalls had developed cracks parallel to the tread on all four tires. I replaced them with the same tire. Check it out! BTW the Yokahamas are supposed to be pretty good according to petersons 4x4.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice!! I like the BFG's, I like how the tread goes down into the sidewall, that's the reason I wanted the Mickeys.
BTW, nice truck!!! I'll post some pics of mine as soon as I wash it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've had bad experiances with the BFG AT off road..consitantly got stuck...great ride on the road though, BFG MT i like, had em on my 94 before i sold it...little road noise, good tread wear for how ever long i had em on (10 000KM or so) and great off road, i know 35x12.5R15's from canadian tire were $250 a tire from when i was looking at stuffing them on, not sure how much a smaller tire is worth though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The first one is the truck just before i sold it...miss it alot now:'(...second is when i got stuck up at stave lake, new tranny after that one, last one is my "new" truck before i got ahold of it, now its got no box, new fenders and doors, floor has been replaced, got 32 gallon(128L) RCI fuel cell, holley blue fuel pump, dash-8 steel braid from cell to carb, holley truck avenger 670cfm carb mounted ontop of an edelbrock RPM air gap maifold.

Attachments

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Very cool pics pond traveler! You use those Dodges as God intended! Sounds like you have some serious plans for that 81. What kind of cuttin are you talkin about that truck looks like it is in pretty good shape. I too run the truck avenger 670 and rpm airgap. Makes almost as much power below 5000 rpm as the old Holley 750 on top the M.P. single plane that was on it,(original 380 crate motor), I think that rpm AirGap is the best D.P. manifold ever!

·
Registered
62 Posts
gonna cut the frame once its 4-linked right up until the shock mounts, and cut the fenders so i can fit 38's without putting the truck to high up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dude, great pics!! Sucks to hear you had a bad experience with the BFG's I was leaning toward those.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i recomend the M/T but not the A/T unless you plan on doing light off roading

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey pond traveler, have you heard anything about the BFG all terrain TA/KO?
They boast "better off-road performance".
Has anyone seen or used these?

·
Registered
62 Posts
havent heard much about them, havent really been looking at tires lately

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.