Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've heard good things about this forum from my Dakota-duranog forum.
got tired of changing the exhaust and not being able get the height out of my 3.7L V6 Dakota...so i changed the exhaust permanently.....
and traded it up for a 08 1500 :D
4.7L.... couldnt get into a hemi :(
but I'm In a Ram....Woooooot

any advice on the forum? other than search search search....search some more...then ask :p

heres some pics:
i'll get better ones in the morning

scratch the pics, i'll search on how to post them, for some reason my photobucket images get rejected...saying remove the urls first....

:D Yay Me

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics...at night sorry :( will get better ones in the morning

Attachments

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Welcome to DT!

... maybe some pic's during the daylight hours.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
welcome to DT cant wait to see her in the day time
Mac

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

here are some daytime pics :D

just need to level it out :p not sure which one to go with heh

Attachments

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
welcome to DT. Congrats on the new truck - Love the color.

·
MS. SK
2,442 Posts
Welcome to DT!!

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
That color is so awesome, I wish it was available when I got my truck. I say get some blacked out wheels, some mudders, level it and tint. Call it good. :rck:

KB

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THANKS!
Yea, I'm going to level it out but i dont want to drop $230 on a leveling kit. I've seen some out there for as little as $89, and they are the ones that go on top of the strut. so not sure on the difference other than the name, and probably construction of them. I will be tinting it, just not sure on how dark...maybe just match the fronts to the back and leave it or darken the back. Thought about throwing some bushwacker fender flares on it too. Everyone is telling me chrome would be sweet on that blue, but I think the black offsets the blue and makes it brighter :p So I'm going with the Black N Blue theme..."Beaten" is what I've called my truck lately lol...
hmmm I wonder if I could attach a video...will be trying lets hope I can heh. Already got the exhaust done up, till I get some change to drop in some headers. Decided against Flowmaster and Magnaflow and Spintech...went with a 3" pipe lmao...but it sounds sooooo mean heh. If I went with after market rims what is the offset? I've been told I could go 15-25mm with it. Pretty sure the lugs are 5 x 5.5 but I also just thought about trying to pick up some 20" stockers for cheap somehow and just getting 33s or 35s heh
well I have filled this thread up lol so I'm going to try and post the video...lets hope it works :p
Thanks again for all the compliments guys ;)
forgot...also trying to figure if i want to do a spray in liner or just a drop in :p

p.s. what's with the forum constantly down? atleast on my end it randomly doesn't load up :( hmmm

Video(maybe heh):

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and one more thing, the great thing about just running pipe was that all i did was cut out the muffler and used about 3ft of 3" stainless steel and the rest is stock. same tail pipe :p and putting in the pipe i straightend out the tail so it wasn't pointing at the ground lol

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
welcome to dodgetalk. I love the color. :)

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Welcome .... Very nice truck ... vroom vroom :drivingz:

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
ZiggSVO said:
THANKS!
Yea, I'm going to level it out but i dont want to drop $230 on a leveling kit. I've seen some out there for as little as $89, and they are the ones that go on top of the strut. so not sure on the difference other than the name, and probably construction of them. I will be tinting it, just not sure on how dark...maybe just match the fronts to the back and leave it or darken the back. Thought about throwing some bushwacker fender flares on it too. Everyone is telling me chrome would be sweet on that blue, but I think the black offsets the blue and makes it brighter :p So I'm going with the Black N Blue theme..."Beaten" is what I've called my truck lately lol...
hmmm I wonder if I could attach a video...will be trying lets hope I can heh. Already got the exhaust done up, till I get some change to drop in some headers. Decided against Flowmaster and Magnaflow and Spintech...went with a 3" pipe lmao...but it sounds sooooo mean heh. If I went with after market rims what is the offset? I've been told I could go 15-25mm with it. Pretty sure the lugs are 5 x 5.5 but I also just thought about trying to pick up some 20" stockers for cheap somehow and just getting 33s or 35s heh
well I have filled this thread up lol so I'm going to try and post the video...lets hope it works :p
Thanks again for all the compliments guys ;)
forgot...also trying to figure if i want to do a spray in liner or just a drop in :p

p.s. what's with the forum constantly down? atleast on my end it randomly doesn't load up :( hmmm
Welcome! The site is usually very reliable, but they had some problems over the last couple of days - just bad timing on your part

That new 4.7L is a nice engine - about a 75Hp boost from the 02-07 4.7L. Electric07 has a very nice truck with the black/blue theme. He did a 6" lift, but you would only need to level yours in the front to fit 35x12.5" tires.

As far as wheels, most of the guys with lifted trucks buy wheels with some negative offset (maybe 0mm to -12mm or so) and about 4.5 to 4.75" of backspace.

Oh and your wallet is toast :D

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new truck!!!! :rck: I like to think of those ST trucks as a "blank canvas".......... here's what I've done with mine so far! :D

First day:

And now a year and four months later:

Just got the Hellas and front tow hooks done so don't really have any good pics of that yet.

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
David, you had to post the one with my truck behind it, didn't you. Hahaha. Congrats on the new truck man, love the color! Oh, now that you joined here, you need to go to a hardware store. Once you get there you buy a shovel, some sod, and a stainless steel metal box. Put your wallet in the box, use the shovel to dig a hole, put the box in the hole, fill it in and use the sod to cover it up so you forget where you buried it. Seriously, this forum will make you broke, or close to it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hell Ride said:
David, you had to post the one with my truck behind it, didn't you. Hahaha. Congrats on the new truck man, love the color! Oh, now that you joined here, you need to go to a hardware store. Once you get there you buy a shovel, some sod, and a stainless steel metal box. Put your wallet in the box, use the shovel to dig a hole, put the box in the hole, fill it in and use the sod to cover it up so you forget where you buried it. Seriously, this forum will make you broke, or close to it.
yea, i'm already trying to spend money i dont have lmao
how did u paint ur emblems and did u paint the tail lights urself?

·
Registered
333 Posts
You know I think it's great you got the model you did. I mean the color is awesome and having the ST black bumpers and base wheels probably saved you a bit of money. I would paint the bumpers to match the body though. Let us know when you do.:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.