DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new owner of 2014 Ram, first time for me. Bought this Ram mainly to tow horse trailer, has 5.7 with 8 speed trans, 3.92 rear all the bells and whistles. But, I discovered that it also has a non stock exhaust system. Yes it sounded good when I bought it so I knew it was not stock. But I did not expect to find it also has headers with cats and 3 inch pipe into a low restriction muffler. The problem is it sets the check engine light after a couple of drives. No, it did not set when I test drove but yes it did when I drove home. Codes were P0052, P0053. I replaced both upstream sensors and after two trips it set P2098. so I purchased a downstream sensor. before I could install it, about two days later, it set P0053 again. I assume this is all due to the headers and big pipes. Has anyone made a similar exhaust mod and is there a solution?

Thanks for any suggestions.
First time Ram owner
ramboxer

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
You will need to get O2 simulators on it before the PCM will be happy, new sensors wont work it need to see a difference between the front sensors and the rear sensor stream of exhaust,the CATS might be the low restriction type and pass a lot of exhaust, causing the light, google O2 simulators

1 - 3 of 3 Posts