DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there, i just got an '02 dakota r/t. I'm upgrading from a 98 ram. I LOVE THIS THING!!!! :rck: now to business. I'm 19 years old and would like some advice on the best bang for my buck upgrades. i just ordered the mopar performance catalog and plan on getting the performance ecu. what should i get next? can i use any kind of jet chips with the new ecu or are they just a waste anyway? and does anybody know of a way to find production number for my VIN. i wanted amethyst. but no dice, so i got red.... any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Mopar doesn't make a PCM for '01-up. The hypertech or superchips work O.K. don't bother with JET the best is a reflash from BG Chrysler. Have you tried the Delphi R/T forum. The guys over there are the best and can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh. well then i guess i could take that $400 upgrade off my list. i'm worried about a reflash cuz then i would have to get one everytime i changed something wouldnt i.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Not necessarily, I have seen people get the BG M-1 flash and run it on an almost stock truck. The M-1 flash is their basic flash, you can get SOME custom tuning, such as less timing on top for a blower, but he the M-1 is a very versatile program.

·
Registered
19 Posts
actually the most bang for your buck is N2O. $625 buys a basic kit that will run on your truck. just don't go over 100 shot even though the kit will go up to 150 shot, you not set up to take it without further modification

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i was thinking of just a 75 shot or 50, nuthin major, and put my switch where the seat heat controls are on a durango. i was looking at nitrous expess, what manufacture were you looking at?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will my truck handle a 100 shot?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.