DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know or have a contact at a Dodge dealer? I've gone to the local dealers and tryed to find a 08 or maybe even a 07 new PW and they told me they don't want to look for one and try to sell me a regular 2500. They claim they only had one or never had one and the one's that did said they would never get another one because they sit on the lot forever because of one reason or another.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Tom PS preferable New England area. I don't mind driving some for one. I saw a used one on Craiglist in CT and I was too late it was gone.

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Find a new dealer.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yeah, I tried talking to a couple local dealers too and got the same run around. They said they're impossible to find and they aren't even made anymore...this was 6 months ago. Try using www.craigshelper.com you can search multiple cities at once. thats how i found my powerwagon

·
Registered
17 Posts
im in maryland a dealer here has a new 08 power wagon on his lot with a sign that says $29,695

Bryan

·
PWOC #078
186 Posts
During my initial internet search I even called Dodge (contact us link) thinking there was an inventory search option I wasn't seeing. They were no help what so ever.

When I went to the dealership my salesman rudely told me the same thing your dealer told you. I spoke to the manager. He apologized and transfered me to their senior salesman. The "new" saleman had all kinds of plaques on his walls dating back 15 years. He found a PW over 500 miles away and had it sent in. It was March of 2008 and the PW was a new 07. He did say it was hard to search for one. He literaly called dealerships and asked until he found one.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm having a hard time as well. I'm moving back to the states (Texas) in March and have been looking for one for about 3 months. They're freakin' hard to find.

·
pwrwgn723
392 Posts
Does anyone know or have a contact at a Dodge dealer? I've gone to the local dealers and tryed to find a 08 or maybe even a 07 new PW and they told me they don't want to look for one and try to sell me a regular 2500. They claim they only had one or never had one and the one's that did said they would never get another one because they sit on the lot forever because of one reason or another.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Tom PS preferable New England area. I don't mind driving some for one. I saw a used one on Craiglist in CT and I was too late it was gone.
Hey pantera28, this dealer has a silver 09' power wagon, check it out!

http://www.buycolonialchryslerjeep.com/

·
Registered
113 Posts
I know Royal Chrysler Dodge in Oneonta NY never seems to have trouble finding them and almost pushes them.I know a few guys that have went there for 2500's CTD and Hemi's and these guys always tried to talk them into power wagons.One friend they just got a 2008 PW in for at the end of December.Give them a try.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
It is a rare day to see one on the lot, and even more rare to find a salesman that even REALLY knows what one is and the difference between a Ram & a PW. Most just think they know. I had one tell me the ONLY difference was the winch !!! LOL Keep looking, you'll find one. Oh yea, at 29,000$ I'd be ALL over it.

·
Ecclesiastes 12:11-14
655 Posts
Got mine through a dealer-to-dealer trade. My dealer sent someone to the other dealers lot with a loaded 3/4 ton 4wd CTD and brought back my PW. Everybody wins. Sounds like there are some salesmen that are just lazy who apparently don't need to make any money. :YO:
-Ryan Mc.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Call Dodge and they will do a nation wide search and tell you who has what:

1-800-423-6343
7 Days 8:00 AM - Midnight EST

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I contacted the number coder supplied and I was not surprised with the answer, You have to go to a Dealer and talk to them about it. Well, I guess I'll have to wait for a used one in my area or change my direction. I want to Thank all you guys that have helped me out. Tom

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts

·
Ecclesiastes 12:11-14
655 Posts
Well I contacted the number coder supplied and I was not surprised with the answer, You have to go to a Dealer and talk to them about it. Well, I guess I'll have to wait for a used one in my area or change my direction. I want to Thank all you guys that have helped me out. Tom
Tom,
It shouldn't be that hard. If no dealers in your town want to play ball, then go to another one somewhere else. A sale is a sale. My dealer found mine on the computer and arranged a dealer trade. If you really want a PW, now is the time to get it. There are likely still a dozen or so 08 PW's sitting motionless on lots scattered across the country.
-Ryan Mc.

·
Average Guy
2,640 Posts
I had a similar issue last year when I wanted to order my new MegaCab last year. I looked all over and even had friends search around the country for one with anything close to my specs. I even had a friend who was a retired Chrysler Corp Fleet guy who called some friends and come to find out, nothing close had been built yet. I went back to my dealer and told them I wanted what I wanted and lets get the order started. They "Assured" me that they were working hard to find what I wanted. Jim, my Chrysler friend gave me a form letter essentially stating simply: "I've got my money in my hands and want to put it into a truck. Give me my truck, I'll give you my money." I faxed that letter to every Dodge dealership between Clearwater and Orlando. The next morning, I got a phone call from my dealership asking when I wanted to come back in and sign the order. And, to top it off, they came in alot lower in price than the other dealerships offered.

·
我愛貓
7,864 Posts
yeah, my dealer didn't just typed what i wanted into the order sheet and i went home. the whole sale took like 15mins, if that. seriously, and since he didn't have to do anything but call me when it came in he didn't hassle me about the price or anything.

but obviously ordering is dependent on when you do it, and they were still pumping trucks out when i got mine. they obviously stopped building new 08s at this point so you'll have to take what they built but any dealer who won't even take the time to look for it doesn't want your business. call a different one until you find one that does, if you have to take a road trip to get it, no big deal take a friend and have some fun. or see if you can get them to ship it, but that will probably raise the price a bit

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm going to go to a Dealer this w/e that has been plastering the TV with adds it's about an hour from me, But Maybe I'll get somewhere.I probably shouldn't say this but I've owned only one Dodge in my life a 99 Durango . I stole it off ebay my wife drove it for 2 years when Money was tight. I've been a F-350 guy for the last 20 years. So it's time for a change. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks for your help guy's your knowledge and advise is appreciated. PS I only wish that Black one in MASS was a QC. I 'd be all over it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.