DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to Dodge Talk. I've been in Iraq for 14 months now and just ordered a 2007 quad cab power wagon. I'm a long time Ford man, but I couldn't turn down the opportunity to own a power wagon. I should return from Iraq around the middle of December and then pick up my new truck on the 22nd of December. I’m already thinking about modifications for the truck. I would like to add 17” or 18” rims wrapped with a good 35” AT tire. I realize you can add 35” tires on the OEM rims without modification, but I’ve never been one to leave well enough alone. I was thinking of a 2” coil spacer and maybe a add a leaf for the rear. Has anyone done this? If so how did it affect the ride and what wheel/tire combo did you go with? Thinks for all of the help..

·
Registered
121 Posts
First off, stay safe over there in the "sandbox."

If you are gonna stick with 35's, I would leave the suspension as is.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wes I thank you for protecting our dreams.
As 4 the PW,I've got a 05 PW and I got 35's on it as it sits.I'm in the process of putting 37's on it.What I did was add aftermarket fenders from DRC to be able to clear the 37's.Coil spacers IMO is a bad idea.The PW's suspension was engineered 4 offroading and shouldn't be messed w/ according to Kore.
I Superchipped mine w/ Flowtech headers, flowmaster 40's K&N air system.Trust me this thing rocks.I've had GM's 6.0,AND Duramax,Fords new PS and the Hemi by far out performs them all.
Have fun w/ your new toy
Stephen

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,292 Posts
welcome man to DT and "Thank You" for what your doing!!! I only wish i could get a PW

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Thanks for doing what has to be done for our freedoms and the liberties that our country was built upon! Please stay safe until your return home!

And an early congrats on the PW! I agree that the suspension should be left alone, if you want it to perform how it was intended. A nice set of 35's will set it off perfectly! There are many PW owners on DT that have added 35's the same day they brought the truck home! ;) :D

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk, thanks for serving this country, and congrats on the new pw! :gr_patrio

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the replies and support. I'll leave the suspension alone then. Does anybody know what aftermarket rim and what size you can run on the PW's stock suspension and still fit a 35". Isn't their an issue with the aftermarket rims backspacing which causes the tires to rub? Again thanks for the help.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome to dt, God bless you guys over there fighting for everyone.

·
David-2001 Ram Off-Road
2,857 Posts
Welcome to Dodgetalk, and congratulations on your new Power Wagon. I think that you'll be extremely happy with it. BTW, what color did you go with?

As the others have said, thanks for all that you and many others are doing over in Iraq-protecting our freedom. Take care and stay safe! :gr_patrio

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey wes,

I bet you're really looking forward to coming home and getting your hands on your new Xmas present! I agree with the other posts. Keep the suspension stock for a while and see how you like it.

I couldn't tell by your description if you are active duty, contractor, or some other status. But no matter which, thanks for serving in such a nasty place! If you end up back in Colorado Springs, drop me an email and maybe we can go Power Wagon Wheeling!!

Jim

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, you convinced me, I'll keep it stock for a while, LOL. To answer a few questions: I got the Silver QC with every option except leather seats and Navigation system. I chose silver for how easy it is to take care of (doesn't really show scratches). I didn't get leather, because I'll be putting seat cover on anyway. I do quite a bit of hunting and fishing so I don't want my muddy dog messin' up leather. I didn't get the navigation system because I really don't see the need for it.

To answer Jim’s question. I’m active duty Army. I’ve been in for ten years now. This is my second rotation in Iraq (also two in Afghanistan). You may have heard on the news about the unit from Alaska that got extended in Iraq for four more months recently. Well I just so happen to be in the unit from Alaska, LOL. I can’t complain though, my wife is in the army also and here with me. She has a safe job so I don’t have to worry about her. Thanks for all of the support guys.

·
Northernmost Chevy Killer
385 Posts
Hey glad to hear the at least one of the boys deployed from Ft. Wainwright is doing ok. Hurry back bro. I want a power wagon so bad. If I had it to do over again I probably would have waited for what all who have driven it called the most capable factory truck ever.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wes,
My PW is a silver quad also.I've got 35 Nitto mud grapplers on stock rims. I get rub at full lock and terrible rub w/ the disconnect off.As 4 rim offset.I'm not sure what the new rims are that I'm putting the 37's on.I trusted the guy at the 4wheel shop to direct me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stephen Veatch said:
Wes,
My PW is a silver quad also.I've got 35 Nitto mud grapplers on stock rims. I get rub at full lock and terrible rub w/ the disconnect off.As 4 rim offset.I'm not sure what the new rims are that I'm putting the 37's on.I trusted the guy at the 4wheel shop to direct me.
Let me know how it goes. How soon are you doing this?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Wes,
Congrats on the wagon! I have a silver 05 QC. I put 305/70/17 Maxxis Bighorns on it recently which are a 34" tire. Even with the sway bar disconnected and full lock they do not rub. The truck is impressive right off the showroom floor. I know that there is a member on here that put the Rancho 2" Dodge lift in the power wagon and it was a disaster. It put the axle in a weird position and he removed it. I was looking for the thread so when I find it I will post it so you can see the pics.
Stay safe over there!!! Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Stephen Veatch said:
37's should be in this week.The fenders are at the paint shop now.When the fenders are painted it's just a matter of putting it all together.Hope by next week.
Can't wait to see it. Post some pics when complete.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
welcome and come home safe i come from a long line of military family from both world wars vietnam and for sure iraq ( oi could not join because i am blind in my right eye) so i know the sacrifice the military makes

i fish and hunt a lot and i love my leather

when my dogs jump in all wet and muddy or i climb in after loading the wave runners its a easy wipe and off and i m done unlike if it was cloth it would take time to dry and eventually smell musty if it did not always dry good

so if it is not to late to maybe you might want to rethink the leather

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.