DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my stepdad is going to be taking order of an 07 Power Wagon silver. We have two questions. On the highway the PW was averaging about 21mpg the whole test drive, I'm trying to find out what some of you guys are experiencing. Also there is a plug that is mounted near the grill, looks like a regular house outlet, any clue to what that is for? My guess it is for the engine block heater, but we live in Florida and have no need for it? Also from ya'lls experience do you know of any great exhaust that is optimal for the use on the power wagon with good sound but not too loud? Thanks, I'll post pics if the deal goes through.

·
Code Red
2,612 Posts
I'm one of the few who gets pretty good gas mileage out of the PW. It's tough to say what you'll get MPG wise. I get higher than most in mine and my best is 18MPG freeway. However, I'm also at 5,000 to 6,000 ft in elevation and my route is fairly hilly between ABQ and SF. You're most likely at sea level and Florida is pretty flat (at least down near Homestead where I used to live). I doubt you'll continue seeing MPG that high though. If you do, you'd definitely have the highest we've seen in a PW. Track both the overhead computer and manual calculations. Mine is off by about .6 to .8 on average and some others here have said theirs are off by 2 - 3 MPG.

The plug up front is for the block heater. You might be able to sell it on the forum here. We just had a discussion on block heaters about a week ago here.

I'll let others speak to the exhaust as I have no experience there.

You might mention the price here that you are looking at. There are a few '07 guys on here who can tell you if it seems to be a fair price with the options.

If you do get it, make sure you stop by http:/powerwagonregistry.org and register it.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. Everyone here is great.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I hate to say it friend, but there is no possible way a 5.7 liter Hemi is going to get 21 MPG. You were probably set on KPH (Kilometers). (Sounds like something a car salesman would do.) 12-15 MPG is more like it. The plug is a block heater. I found one on mine and was suprised as well.
Here is a 05 you can check out on ebay, you could save some $$$

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...ryZ39413QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Code Red
2,612 Posts
Good call packraft.. I didn't even think of that. 21KPG is about 13MPG. That's definitely more in the real-life ballpark of what many folks are seeing.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Ya, whenever I get pissed about crappy gas mileage, I just turn on the kilometers and it looks much better! :)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is what I figured. I was looking at it and it said L/100km. But I figured that it might equal the same. I didn't figure out how to set it to standard while on the test drive.

·
Code Red
2,612 Posts
Makes me wonder whether they did it intentionally. I'm guessing they did.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
ldgregory said:
Makes me wonder whether they did it intentionally. I'm guessing they did.

Have you ever met a HONEST salesperson, other than FreeLantz? :VHOT:

·
Registered
22 Posts
For the exhaust, my dad put the Mopar/Borla cat-back duals on his 08 Power Wagon and it sounds really good. Its just loud enough to grab attention from everyone without annoying them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My Dealer said that would void the unlimited warranty.

·
Registered
595 Posts

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
21mpg would be a miracle.

yep, exhuast won't void a warranty.

mike

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I asked him the other day after he brought home the truck and it is running more of a 18 mpg from what he says. I was like see dodge talk doesn't lie. But he hasn't been around long enough to take some good pics. So far the only thing he has done or want done is he got the windows tinted and he needs step bars so that him and my mom can climb in and out of the thing. But he wants new exhaust that will hopefully increase mpg.

·
Code Red
2,612 Posts
I honestly don't think you're going to see much of an MPG gain with a muffler. I haven't heard of anyone getting anything worth mentioning. I plan on getting an aftermarket muffler myself at some point, but it's only for the sound. I'm not expecting anything MPG wise.

·
Registered
41 Posts
bpunk360 said:
YOUR DEALER IS FULL OF S*IT....... they have to prove thats what caused the problem... a muffler wont make the trans blow or the differentials take a dump....

I have a TJ (my trail rig) I voided most everything within a week of having it. I really quized the dealer on keeping the new 2008 unlimited warranty in force on my PW (trail rig tow vehicle). The unlimited DT warranty is no deductable and great deal for me, because I plan on keeping it.

Show me a dealer that going to have to prove to you anything....more like you got to prove it to them.

·
Registered
301 Posts
smeag said:
bpunk360 said:
YOUR DEALER IS FULL OF S*IT....... they have to prove thats what caused the problem... a muffler wont make the trans blow or the differentials take a dump....

I have a TJ (my trail rig) I voided most everything within a week of having it. I really quized the dealer on keeping the new 2008 unlimited warranty in force on my PW (trail rig tow vehicle). The unlimited DT warranty is no deductable and great deal for me, because I plan on keeping it.

Show me a dealer that going to have to prove to you anything....more like you got to prove it to them.
I gonna agree with smeag, sure, the manufacturer has to "show" that the modifications caused the problem to void the warranty. But once you are denied, (and with the new lifetime warranty, the are going to be stricter), then you have to "prove" in a court or arbitration that your mods didn't cause the failure. What chance does a common person have to prove a technical issue which disagrees with a 100 year old, billion dollar auto/truck manufacturer and it's team of experts???? Keeping it stock is probably the only sure bet, even a tire up size could be determined to cause a failure, an example being the axle bearing failing due to more weight from larger tires. I have a lot of experience in this area including lemon law buy backs. Just my opinion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts