DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got 4 of these now and happy with all of them . An 05, 10, 11 ,and now an 18. The new truck rides a little better seems to have less beefy springs in the front . Don't know how the coil springs in the rear compare to the old leaf springs but the truck dose sit higher .

I like the lights in the bed and more storage under back seat without the sub woofer . Truck has plenty of power with bigger motor . Don't seem to notice the lack of the 4.56 gears yet .

They do a pretty good job painting the parts underneath only minor touch up was needed and I greased the fitting to make sure that spline started its life lubed Removed decal on bed and now it has a pretty clean appearance added a slimline low profile tool box for recovery gear and such as I had standard boxes on the other trucks and it took up too much of the bed.

To say I am a fan of these trucks is an understatement . I maintain a large property that has trails that need to be patrolled and maintained It has hills creek crossings like a mini 4 wheel drive park but opened wide enough so the truck dosent look like its been drug through a pin cushion . All my lockers work on all my trucks never had an issue but they are used weekly .

Property has never been timbered since 1939 so the trees that fall and have to be moved after storms are massive . Winches get used all the time Also plow snow with the 05 and its a beast best plow truck I have had.

I don't really 4wheel my trucks for play but use them daily for work like the forestry vehicle I think they were designed to be . I have a Jeep to 4 wheel with and when it gets stuck I bring a Wagon out and recover it

Goodyear tires are a definite improvement over BFGs that came on other trucks Probably not the best truck for towing but far from the worst . Tow a landscape trailer with 2 John Deers everyday in the summer with no issues but decided to buy a cabin in the mountains for hunting rather than try towing one behind my truck . Plenty of room in the back for the dog and hunting gear with the seats up new truck has provision to level floor saved me from having to make one .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just did exhaust on new truck . Could not stand that resonator coming out the back and how low the tailpipe hung. Removed stock muffler and put resonator in its place tucked up tight along frame so you cant even see it . Used factory over the axle pipe and made a tail pipe with chrome tip . Blacked out the pipe with VHT and now it looks ultra clean with a sound similar to the flowmaster I have on the other trucks .

Was worried the little resonator would not be enough and it would be too loud but not the case so far . Going to take it on a 300mi highway trip should have more info after that

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
After getting back from the trip sound is great 90% of the time . Only gets loud when its in 6th gear and goes below 2k rpm . They should have kept the 4.56 gearing in this truck . Headlights in this truck are much better than the older trucks .

New truck dosent seem to have digital info like older trucks or maybe its so complex I just cant figure out how to access it

My bad its got it all and more just had to take a minute and figure it out

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Noticed a little vibration at around 70 mph checked tire balance and they were out . Duatracs defiantly not as concentric as Nittos got a little to much hop in them for my liking .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What thermostat is everybody using in these big motors seems to run around 210 . I used jet 180 in all my other trucks with the 5.7 and it has worked very well .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.