DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on I 5 last week and went by a motorcycle cop scaanning traffic, my detector did not make a peep. It's kinda old, set up for X,Y,K bands and laser.
Is there a new band out there that I don't know about? The device that he had looked like a radar gun except it had a 4"X4" flat screen on the front of it. Thanx for any help here, let me know if I need to ditch the old detector and get a new one.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
My detectors have K, Ka, Ku, laser, X, POP, and VG2 protection. If the cop was using laser and didn't hit you directly or a surrounding car, then you detector wouldn't have gone off. The new POP radar gets confused with K band alot, so if you are in city....there will be some false detections at first, but the detector will recognize that and shut off a few seconds later. The VG2 protection is like a radar detector detector (not a typo). So if a cop is trying to see if you have a radar, hopefully it wouldn't work. Never had that happen to me, I think.

You say you have an old setup, so I would say its time to upgrade. I recommend the Passport 8500 X50 Blue. Its a dandy!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much does that Passport run?

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
I got mine for $300 from Circuit City.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
The VG2 protection is like a radar detector detector (not a typo). So if a cop is trying to see if you have a radar, hopefully it wouldn't work. Never had that happen to me, I think.
Actually, it would be more like a Radar Detector Detector Detector. Since you have a "radar detector", then they have a detector to detect your detector, and now with vg2 you have a detector that detects their detector wihich detects your basic detector :D

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Ahh crap....I was one too few detectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.