·
Registered
521 Posts
How much?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a ebay listing right now that you can buy from. The price is $125 w/ shipping. I can also get the box for a single 12 sealed. I recommend going with the 10 vented.

·
Registered
521 Posts
If i get the 10 inch vented box, what sub do you recommend? Amp?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The more polular subs out there are the JL 10w6, Alpine Type R, Memphis M3. As for amps.....there are a million of them to choose from. I would ask the dealer that you buy your subs from. They should be able to recomend something and give you a package deal. Try contacting Micha at Wicked Audio. He can hook you up with a good deal.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey man, box looks good, but I have a question. I just bought my truck and am starting to buy my audio video equipment but an enclosure has been kind of an issue since I have a standard cab. My question is this....I have the black plastic deal, container I guess you could call it, behind the seats, and the shape and size looks relatively similar to what you have made for the QC trucks. I really would like a style of box like you have made for my truck that will just lay in that bin. Im not sure if what you have already would fit, can you maybe give me the outside dimensions for the box? There just really isnt much out there for the standard cab guys that I have found that isnt a run of the mill truck box.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The box will not fit in a single cab. It may not look big in the pics bet the box is about 16 inches deep from front to back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
cool box are you still making these?

·
Bring it on rice boy!!!!!
268 Posts
Yeah, are spacers needed? How to buy single 12" sealed? the link shows the item was pulled. When will it be on your website?

·
268 Posts
the mounting depth specifications are different. Here is whats on the website:

AIR VOLUME = 1 CUBIC FEET

MOUNTING DEPTH = 5.75" W/ 6" DIAMETR MAGNET

OPTIONAL 5/8" SPACER RING AVAILABLE TO EXTEND MOUNTING DEPTH TO 6 3/8"

The initial post shows a 7 inch mount depth with a ring.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
HEMI_OFF_ROAD said:
the mounting depth specifications are different. Here is whats on the website:

AIR VOLUME = 1 CUBIC FEET

MOUNTING DEPTH = 5.75" W/ 6" DIAMETR MAGNET

OPTIONAL 5/8" SPACER RING AVAILABLE TO EXTEND MOUNTING DEPTH TO 6 3/8"

The initial post shows a 7 inch mount depth with a ring.

Will it still fit the reccomended type r or 10w6 without a spacer ring?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The original post was for the 10" vented box listing. The 12 inch box has a little less mounting depth because the center of the sub is 1 inch farther back on the box which makes the magnet closer to the tapered part of box.
I have a picture that shows the mounting depth using a cardboard template. If you look at the bottom left corner of the template you can see where it hits the back of the box. This is why I list the depth as 5.75" but some subs have a large bump back magnet and they will fit even if the specs show 6.25"
I also have a diagram of how to measure the mounting depth to the edge of the magnet and not count a bump back magnet. Measurement "A" is what counts.

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is more mouting depth with the 10 inch box. The Alpine Type R 10's will fit but I havent put a 10w6 in the single box yet to check. I think it will require a spacer ring.
The dual sub box is almost 1.5 inches deeper and the 10w6's are recomended for it. It also uses the 5/8" seat spacers.

·
268 Posts
Thanks Joe, my "A" dimension is actually 5 1/4" and the magnet diameter is almost 5 1/4" as well. So, I gess it fits. Well, once these car audio factory people take back there lame a$$ box after falsely advertising I will order a single 12" sealed box. I wonder if it would still be a good idea to run fiberglass inside of your box? I havent seen the top construction but was considering using fiberglass to add to the sealing and rigidity. I dont know if it would be beneficial or not. Have yo seen anyone do anything with that? I know i have seen guys do that with regular MDF boxes. I dont knwo if it would stick to the plastic lower or not.

·
268 Posts
I am assming that the recent photo you just added is not of the new 1 cuft box, correct? It appears to be the old drivers side box.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.