DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well have not been here in sometime but i have been working on my 1976 WARLOCK....so i have been doing what the pocket book can afford ....put in new wood bed and new paint did same as the old paint(i just liked that look) also did the front end new bushings, everything under there... also new seats and rewired the whole truck and added some new lights to see a little better.....ened up boxing the frame at the point where the new headers pass thru with the 440 in there no room ,wow it sure sounds nice with the Gibson headers and 3'' exhaust all the way out....still not liking the carb setup, i think it ran better with the Holley 4br. but it would not pass smog here in Calif. with that carb.wish i could find some thing better.....anyway the 4 speed trans has that granny low cant even use it... it's like i only have a 3speed...i was thinking of putting a reg. 4 speed in??
also ordered new rubber Goodyear's 33x12.50x15 they should be here next ed Monday YAAAAA

Attachments

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
Nice lookin truck!!!

For the carb, do like what all of us diesel guys do.... run the parts 51 weeks a year and the week you have to go retest, put it back to passable. Easy to do in some states than others but if all you have to do is swap out a carb, thats not too bad at all..... 4 bolts, 1 fuel line, choke cabling/wiring and some kick down... it's a 10 minute swap to make the gov nazi's happy :p

Any pics of the frame boxing and exhaust?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for the good idea on the carb,,.....sorry but i don't have a pic. of the boxed frame but as soon as i can i will take some and post them....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i do have another thing i need some input on is it essayer to change the insides of the 4 speed or Putin another one in ??.................................... and what insides would work or what type of new 4 speed would bolt up to my 440 ???

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thank you sonny and dadtruck for saying that its taken a lot of work witch i did not do but paid for , thats why i ask a lot about my 1976 warlock power wagon.....i now have about 12k invested in upgrades and rebuilds plus the price of the truck...

·
SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT
1,064 Posts
Great looking truck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you shanes66.....its taken a about year to restore it and its almost complete...YAAAA

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
It's easier to throw in another tranny than swapping out innards. You could do a tranny swap in an hour where as taking apart a tranny and doing everything else will be more time consuming, bigger chance of screwing something up and not to mention that it may be harder to come by the parts. I know here in PHX, I can get a reman with TC for 795 with one year warranty. To me, that's totally worth the extra bucks instead of buying parts everywhere and trying to piece it together and hope that it all works together.

I'd stick to the KISS method in this situation.

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
very nice

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HI angusdevil.....i'm unable to find one around here,thats why the rebuilding thing.... would it be possible to send me one? wonder about shipping $$$$,I'm in area code 94509.....can you hook me up with the Phone number of the person that has the trans for sale so i could pay that person for it and have it shipped here? also are you sure it will bolt up OK? thank you for your info and help.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HI LOCOGK, thank you for the complement............yea its the truck that i have wanted for a long time and I'm Trying to restore it the way i want it instead of buying some ones Else's dream.....

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
Maybe it's because I'm at the office but I'm not seeing any pics....anyone else?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.