DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
i have seen that done before , usually conversion companys, looks good though. :D

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Should have went through the grill and bumpers and handles, but looks badass. Too bad for gotomato ....

·
Are we going down?
787 Posts
Really like the bottom paint, looks great man. I getting ready for my 2 tone paint, it's a annual thing if you catch my drift. :D

Attachments

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
mississaugaram said:
Really like the bottom paint, looks great man. I getting ready for my 2 tone paint, it's a annual thing if you catch my drift. :D
lol I love how the paint just jumps right at you :D

On the subject,nice job.Really unique and tasteful :) I likes

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Would have been cool if hte tails were niteshaded the same way. Not my cup of tea, but it is a nicely executed job. :tup:

KB

·
Registered
82 Posts
mississaugaram said:
A little too heavy on the white for my tastes... :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am going to order a new black grill as soon as I get some more money.
I also plan on buying lense covers for the rear tail lights.
The pictures do not even come close to showing how good the red and the black are blended together.
truck was painted all black to the wheel wells and up 3 inches then starts to blend, at this point you can barely see the red coming through the black.
The next 3 inches you can see a little more red coming through.
Then in the last 3 inches you can see most of the red coming thrugh the black.

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
Yeah, I think if you got some chrome wheels for those big meats it would look awesome, kinda looks weird with the stock 17's... Nice Job tho!

Jason

·
Registered
684 Posts
mississaugaram said:
I live in Arizona. What's all that white stuff on your truck? I kinda looks cool!

·
Northernmost Chevy Killer
385 Posts
slammed1 said:
I am not and never been a fan of "fade" paint jobs but that was done tastefully.

Agreed. I usually don't like them because they are done wrong. I like the look of that truck but it has mistakes. The tailgate black goes up higher. Also it looks to me like the fade is uneven which is the main problem with most out there. However the uneven fade might be the light. If I had closer pictures I could tell. Still looks cook though.

Edit: I missed the last close up picture. That fade is very uneven but it can be fixed.

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
i would like to see a two tone fade like that done with the Go Mango in some way, i think if you could find the right color scheme, it would be tight.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It is not a fade it is more of a blend.
When a color is faded the color gets lighter and lighter, with black it goes to gray.
With the sun out on the truck you can see the red through the black just barely right above the wheel well. On the next pass the gun is held farther back and more red can be seen through the black, the last pass was done with a touch up gun.
There was tons of overpray that had to be sanded off but you could not put tape down and sand to the tape or you would end up leaving a hard line.
The paint on the tailgate is the same height as the rest of the truck but there is a line in the tailgate that makes it look like a shadow.
Thanks for the compliments

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
scans

tell him to not be cheap and put a ncie set of black wheels on it now lol

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
^ agreed, get a set of black 20s with some mud grapplers and call it a day

·
David-2001 Ram Off-Road
2,857 Posts
I like it-looks really good!

scans007 said:
You might remember this from photoshop ideas posted way back when..... :rck:
BTW, I found the post with the photochop in it HERE.

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
Not sure I like it all that much. Would prefer a hard line I think. I'll bet it is an effect that looks a lot better in person though. The photochops did a great job of predicting how it would look though. You need to buy that guy a beer.

Big question now is: Red Truck Club or Black Truck Club??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.