DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Northeast DDRC Webmaster
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that the rear end on Durangos, while looking at the rear from far back, the entire rear end is pushed more to the left. Meaning that the wheel are in a 1/2 inch from the fender flare on the right side, and sticking out a 1/2 inch from the fender flare on the left side. If you look carefully, you will see this. At first, I thought I had a prob, but then, I saw another Durango, and realized it was the same way! Thought it could be the torsion bars, but then again, the right-rear wheel has the power first, therefore pushing the whole rear end the opposite way. Or maybe it the way they put it together so it can clear the exhaust and the huge fuel tank. Weird...

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
same for me. I chalked it up to manufacturing tolerances: the mounting of the body versus the frame versus the bumpers. Doesn't seem to be a problem for me.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
I went to look at a used 2003 T+C and noticed the left rear wheel scraping the inside of the wheelhouse. The right side wheel was at least an inch or two back using the 2-finger method. I test drove it and the steering wheel was off. I was outta there.
It's not limited to Dodge. I've followed BMW 740's and was amazed that the front wheels are at such a different angle vertically than the backs.
OK, so they're level when doing wheelies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.